PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Europe

Buccaneer
12th Oct 1999, 14:01
Does anyone have the low down on Netjets. It sounds as though it could be a great job, but is it all that it's made out to be. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of this operation, and any recommendations as to whether the would be a good outfit to work for??

Atlantic bart.
14th Oct 1999, 14:46
Dunno, been trying to find out for ages myself. I asked a while back on R&N if anyone knew what sort of salaries were on offer and someone came back and said Captain salaries were 60,000 Euros, which I make £40,000, but there was no info on any extras like loss-of-licence, private medical etc. From what I gather the lifestyle is not bad, and I hear that as long as you're within striking distance of an international airport so they can position you to roughly where the aeroplane is that you'll be picking up, then you can live almost anywhere. Fly in the ointment: I believe that in the USA, NetJets makes prospective recruits pay for their own type ratings, but I don't know if that applies to the European operation. My feeling is that in this market of alleged pilot shortage, NJ is going to have to pay a lot more than 60,000 Euros for a Captain, since they're competing in the recruitment market with the likes of Easy and Ryanair. OK I know it's not a sleek bizjet, but when a 737-200 skipper with Ryanair can take home £4000 a month and still have a final-salary pension scheme, the 737-200 starts to look quite sleek too! I just sent off a CV to NJ but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm told by someone who phoned them up that this is because they have a bit of a backlog: they are apparently planning to be assessing for the next year at least... If I hear anything useful I'll post it here, and likewise I'd be grateful to hear from anybody else out there with more info.

JJflyer
14th Oct 1999, 15:09
I send my CV to NJ EU a while ago ... I received a letter where they stated that I would be contacted in the near future ... I think that this was about a month ago.
I do know that they have several bases in EU and that they are opening more.
NJEU is also getting a plenty of new planes from Lears to Hawkers ... I have heard rumours of Boeing BBJ's too.. That I cannot confirm though. I'll do it as soon as i get something on it.

Oh and the reply from NJ EU was really swift took about a week to get a letter back. I like that in a company.

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 14 October 1999).]