PDA

View Full Version : Australian companies recruiting overseas?

DUXNUTZ
4th May 2007, 16:26
Getting tight to find Australian pilots? Found this on a US jobs site.

Dash 8 Captains-Direct Entry - Darwin and Broome 5/2/2007
Surveillance Australia provides aerial civil maritime surveillance services under a long term contract (until 2020) to the Australian Customs Service through their Border Protection Command. It is the largest civil maritime surveillance operation of its kind in the world. The company currently operates five Dash 8 - 200, from bases in Cairns, Darwin and Broome. From January 2008 the company will operate six Dash 8-200 and four Dash 8-300.
Surveillance Australia seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified pilots of Australian, New Zealand, Canadian or UK nationality only, for positions of Line Captain, based in Darwin and Broome, and Check and Training Pilots.
To view our minimum requirements and register your expression of interest, please visit our website,

Guest on Line
5th May 2007, 07:12
Not surprising, SA have serious staff retention issues. And Customs Coastwatch is a toothless tiger that can do nothing about it, if they did many senior public servant careers would go down the tube.
SA may pull out of this but they need a massive make over, at the top levels and i am sure the NJS MD will work this out soon, though it is taking a while.

DutyofCare
5th May 2007, 07:22
OK then Sam, your looking for overseas crews? I'd be very, very surprised if they'll pay there own way down to Oz firstly, thence on to AD for the interview process and then get them to live up in places like Broome if successful? Yes I missed out last year and so did a close friend and we are still wondering just what you are after in your crews? We both asked for ways that we could improve our chances for next time round, these calls still go unanswered...