PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

Latte tester
4th May 2000, 00:20
Farewell Dave and Dan, may you both rest in peace. My wife and I wish you clear skies, nil turbulence and a peacefull flight.

throber 68+1
5th May 2000, 00:30
Dave and dan,

I will miss you both terribly

THROBER 69

Wahfu
5th May 2000, 09:38
Can anyone enlighten me on what might have caused the end result of this tragic accident to David Coulthard's chartered Learjet?

Press reports that I have seen indicate that the landing gear made initial contact with the runway. Was there a big bounce and stall as I suspect or did the stall and loss of control occur before contacting the runway? Were both or one engine failed prior to landing? Are the Learjet flight controls hydraulically actuated? If so is it equipped with a RAT?

Wondering?

linecheck
6th May 2000, 12:41
WAHFU, until I saw your post I knew 2 things were certain.
1)They crashed
2)Two families and many friends have lost 2 great people.
Now I know its 3 things
3)You're a total a..hole.

Robbo2Alpha
6th May 2000, 14:29
linecheck, pull your head in, you are way out of order. It is natural on a site like this to wonder at the cause of accidents, you look a sad wee person to me.

Wahfu
6th May 2000, 18:50
Thanks for the support Robbo! To you linecheck; you've just failed yours! I only have the deepest respect for all of the families concerned. My enquiry was only to try and determine what might have happened in the interests of aviation safety and still I'm none the wiser..... Thanks fella's!

linecheck
6th May 2000, 22:46
Out of respect for the subject of this column it is with some reluctance that I reply for your banality should not really be graced with a response at all.
Nothing has ever been learnt from speculation or idle gossip in these forums with respect to such a tragic accident. If your motive is only to promote aviation safety then wait and watch for the results of exhaustive enquiry by the experts which clearly you are not.
Respect!

Wahfu
7th May 2000, 10:14
OK Linecheck! I can see that I have touched on a raw nerve. I only want to say that my original enquiry was not intended to make any slur on the crew or their operating techniques. Something has obviously happened that caused a loss of control without recovery being possible. I'll make my enquiries elsewhere. Thanks anyway!!!

Robbo2Alpha
7th May 2000, 13:00
Line check, sheez, take a chill pill will you, why say such words about someone showing both respect and interest? You are weird lad.

FlapsOne
8th May 2000, 12:47
I didn't know the guys involved but I work in the GA field and always feel deeply grieved when we lose colleagues. Maybe it's the feeling that it could be me next time, who knows.

Whatever happened to that flight, 3 people survived - which speaks volumes for what the guys did achieve!

My sincere condolences to their families and friends - may they rest in peace.

china_trident
13th May 2000, 20:51
Linecheck, I think that your attitude and behaviour for some one that is supposed to have an interest and care for your other colleagues in aviation (if you do that is ! ) is out of order, if you cannot contribute a response with this in mind then don't contribute at all !
Wahfu was showing a genuine concern as an aviator like we all should, including you !