PDA

View Full Version : A380 Evacuation

VH-Cheer Up
4th May 2007, 11:11
Article and video of 853 passengers, 20 crew, and three life sized dolls imitating infants all exiting an A380, with half its exits disabled, in 78 seconds.

A380 Evacuation (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2007/05/01/213632/video-a380-evacuation-trial-seen-for-the-first-time.html)

metrosmoker
4th May 2007, 11:19
Interesting.
I wonder if the same orchestrated and efficient evacuation would take place, say on an Emirates A380 when a women tries to get off in front of a man or an infidel tries to get off in front of a non infidel.
I remember a Saudi airliner landing safely after an emergency, only to see all passengers die in the ensuing fire as they fought each other to get off the plane.

Taildragger67
4th May 2007, 11:48
Wasn't the evac off that Saudi L-1011 problematic as the doors wouldn't open due to the cabin not being depressurized after the landing?

Anyway that evac test video got a run recently on a 4-part 'mini-series' on the A380 development shown here in the Old Dart. It was 850- or 870-odd punters getting out in 78 secs with half the doors inop, in darkness. They also had beefy blokes at the bottom of the slides helping them off.

That said, that's at least a couple of hundred more than anyone has said they're going to carry (so far!! :hmm: )

18-Wheeler
4th May 2007, 12:12
I wonder if the same orchestrated and efficient evacuation would take place, say on an Emirates A380 when a women tries to get off in front of a man or an infidel tries to get off in front of a non infidel.
I remember a Saudi airliner landing safely after an emergency, only to see all passengers die in the ensuing fire as they fought each other to get off the plane.

You are mistaken - That's the way they depart the plane every time.
No emergency needed.

Wiley
4th May 2007, 12:44
We all know that the certification evac bears absolutely no relationship with the real world. Having said that, I was impressed, as I'm sure Emirates management were - 'cos about a nanosecond after they heard it was successful, you can guarantee they started drawing up plans for a one class 380 with a squillion 28 inch pitch seats on both decks for their Dubai-India services.

blueloo
4th May 2007, 12:51
Part of the cert is to have the slides pre-deployed?

Peter Fanelli
4th May 2007, 14:14
Didn't notice too many "elderly people" in there either.