PDA

View Full Version : Cracking a bizjet job...

Max Thrust
3rd Oct 1999, 05:53
Just curious if there is any hope for drivers with around 1000hrs, 300 multi to get on a corporate jet. If so could someone point me in the right direction on who to write or contact pertaining this. Have an Oz licence...

Daifly
4th Oct 1999, 02:13
Join the very long queue I'm afraid...

You should see the pile of CVs in the office at the moment, without a lie it's about 1 foot high.

It's a big "who you know" section of the industry - with a lot of people moving up having started on Navajos, Kingairs and then gradually moving up.

Good luck though, the rewards are great if you get in!

mackone
4th Oct 1999, 16:58
Maxthrust, if you happen to have your engineering tickets and a USA A&P ticket, just walk right in, there is a growing trend worldwide for the F/O to be an engineer so he can look after the machine whilst away from home base. Check BCA magazine and Pro Pilot, you will see majority of F/O's are engineers as well.

Dirk
7th Oct 1999, 10:57
Mackone,
Could you tell me some more about these qualifications.
Are they purely FAA or also available elsewhere?
What is the cost and duration for a course ?

Bigtorque
13th Oct 1999, 03:59
Daifly, if the hours are up a little more does the app move up in the pile? Talking around 3500 with some international.

Daifly
15th Oct 1999, 02:48
It obviously depends what we're looking for at the time. If it's for a RHS of a BE20 then no - we'll be looking for low hours, enthusiasm and possible some experience in the area of operation concerned. But in the Jets it's usually internal promotion.

There really isn't any hard and fast rule to relate I'm afraid!

Good luck tho!