PDA

View Full Version : Netjets or Flexjet

Shanwick Shanwick
2nd May 2000, 10:03
Does anyone have any info on the comparison of these two companies? I've applied to Netjets (with no reply) but don't have any contact details for Flexjet.

How stable is the corporate market these days?

Would you leave an airline job to go there?

What are the chances of direct entry commands?

Would I get a job with 5400TT, 3500 PIC,
4000 Turbine and 800 corporate?

Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Stress Free......whadda you think?

Loc-out
2nd May 2000, 12:28
Lookup "breaking into this sector"

red-belly
3rd May 2000, 03:12
Check this website for a comparison:
http://www.fracstats.com

It is run by an Executive Jet Captain and he has done a great job compiling the information. (It deals mainly with the US operations but I think there's some info on Europe, too.)

I flew Learjets for FlexJet for about a year...would still be there if I didn't have a call from the only airline I applied to. (You can tell that I was happy there because I didn't shot-gun the airline applications. I chose which airline I would like to work at and applied there. If they hadn't called I'd still be happy as a proverbial clam driving Bombardier products!)

Hope you enjoy the info --

--Former FlexJet driver!

StressFree
9th May 2000, 15:48
Well, well, well,
So you want to come back to this side of the fence, good decision. There are a few decent jobs around but as you probably remember they change hands under the table. With your flight time I'm sure there would be no problem. Surely you would have the mother of all bonds to clear?
Further discussion on the landline.
All the best.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

bizjet pilot
9th May 2000, 18:58
Shanwick--Hell yes you can get into this sector. You've got exceptionally good experience, esp. for European employers. NetJets Europe hires people with a lot less than that.

Begin Quote

Falcon 2000 Enters Fractional Service in Europe

The first Falcon 2000 for the NetJets Europe fractional ownership program arrived in Portugal in mid-April, and is the first of two 2000s that will serve as core fleet aircraft. A total of three 2000s will be delivered to NetJets Europe this year, with a fourth joining the fleet in January 2001. The first customer aircraft, which is already sold-out, will arrive in September, according to Bruce Huffman, Vice-President, International Operations.

In addition to the Falcons, the NJE fleet now consists of two Cessna Citation SIIs, three Citation VIIs, and seven Hawker 800s (five 800XPs and two 800As that are used as core aircraft). However the SIIs are slated for retirement sometime in 2001 because of the cost of complying with Europe's RVSM requirement, which begins in January 2002. The company said it is examining options for a new entry-level aircraft and expects to make an announcement before the end of the year.

NetJets' workforce now stands at 91 pilots and 53 other employees at the European headquarters outside Lisbon, Portugal. The company is "continuously recruiting" and expects to add at least 20 more flight crewmembers this year. The pilot force comes from 15 different countries and speaks 12 different languages, underscoring the fundamental challenge of conducting pan-European operations.

Utilization is now running at about 50 hours per aircraft per month, with 54 percent of the flying being conducted on behlaf of European owners and 35 percent for U.S. customers flying within Europe. The remaining 11 percent is charter and demonstration flights. Total time now is 10,500 hours and more than 8,000 flights since operations commenced in June 1996.

Most of the flying is being conducted in western Europe. Paris is the most common destination, followed by Zurich. Of the top 10 airports, four are around London, including Luton, Northolt, Farnborough, and Heathrow. However, the company has operated out of some 225 airports around Europe.

End Quote
From Business Commercial Aviation May 2000 issue page 42

Shanwick Shanwick
23rd May 2000, 21:11
Thanks for all the advice fellas.

S.F. I'll speak to you soon!

Brgds

Shanny

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh

Jumbo Jockey
25th May 2000, 02:29
Basic difference betwixt the two is money. Last I heard, Netjets was paying skippers 70,000 Euros, which at current rates is a gnat's doodah over 40k sterling. Flexjets is offering a package (inc benefits, as I understand things)of 50k sterling for Lear drivers, 70k for Challenger skippers. For FOs, 30k sterling on the Lears, 50k on the Challenger. FJ wants you based within striking distance of London, Frankfurt or Copenhagen (choose your base), while NJ wants you within 1 hr of any international airport. FJ still keen to hear from potential candidates as I gather, preferably with previous bizjet experience (N.B. the latter please!!) They interviewed during the early part of the year but said interviews were "not as productive as expected".

Send CVs to:
Scott Baum
Director of Human Resources
Flexjet Europe A/S
Niels Juels Gade 5
DK-1059 Copenhagen K
Denmark

Amazon man
6th Feb 2001, 23:54
Shanwick,

The lady to contact now regarding Flexjet is Helen Christian crew recruitment advisor.
Tel 020 8538 0213

Hope this is of some help.

mutt
7th Feb 2001, 16:59
FL660,

I had a chat with them a couple of weeks ago, bases on offer were London and Copenhagen. Frankfurt wasnt mentioned. They appear to be getting ready for some intensive recruitment this year. HC's telephone number is listed above.

Mutt

chinny
7th Feb 2001, 19:26
The Latest address as of June last year!!!
Linde Alle 5B
DK 2850 Naerum
Copenhagen
Denmark
The company is not at the moment looking for any direct entry captains only F/O's,but is still interested in your CV as opportunities will come up time to time for D/E captains.Recruitment is happening now and there is a demand for Lj 31 and Lj60 slots to start next month.If you want more info give Helen a bell or send a CV to [email protected] luck.

EGLL001
9th Feb 2001, 08:37
Shanwick

Are you Gay ??

StressFree
9th Feb 2001, 18:58
EGLL001,
I'm not quite sure what your question has to do with Netjets or Flexjets.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Jumbo Jockey
9th Feb 2001, 20:46
FL660

Sorry for the delay - not sure but I will check with my contact (flies for FJ London based) either tonite or tomorrow and let you know a.s.a.p. Meanwhile mutt's answer certainly sounds pretty authoritative.

TTFN

chinny
10th Feb 2001, 16:43

Frankfurt is not open as a base,ONLY London and Copenhagen.

Shanwick Shanwick
11th Feb 2001, 20:43
EGLL001,

I'm not but why do you ask?

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh

chinny
11th Feb 2001, 21:37
This is an interesting line,we await the outcome with bated breath.....NOT!

26point2
11th Feb 2001, 22:57
Gay!...He's absolutely over the moon!

StressFree
13th Feb 2001, 00:29
EGLL001,
I've known Shanwick for years, hes one of the boys, youre way off the mark! Leave him alone. Why do you ask? Are you of that persuasion and interested in him?
You sound a bit dodgy to me.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

AMEX
13th Feb 2001, 04:25
Read a post from EGLL001 on the french forum. I guess he was trying to stir the C**P and wind everybody up. Alhtoug a bit of french bashing makes me laugh when it's funny (Me frog), he wasn't. Extremely rude more like it, so since the post has been removed. Don't pay much attention to his comments.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :D

Scandi
15th Feb 2001, 14:02
Hi Guys!

I eventually have a test day coming up for Flexjet. Has anyone been through their psych tests or on the sim ride ?
Curious to find out what it was like, seems like a good corporate co to work for...

Thanx in advance!

chinny
18th Feb 2001, 02:08
Hey Scandi
What's your experience?Any Biz Jet?

chinny
18th Feb 2001, 02:15
Hey Scandi
What's your experience and Have you got any Biz jet time?

Scandi
18th Feb 2001, 14:02
Hey Chinny!

I have about 2400TT and Biz Jet time in the low hundreds, however not any time on Lears.
Have you been through the selection process ?
Any Info ?

*Cheers*

chinny
18th Feb 2001, 16:42
If you have biz jet time then don't worry about the sim.Std proceedures are assessed,and unless u r a physco then u won't have any probs with the tests.See u on the other side!

Will Rogers
19th Feb 2001, 14:06
Like Scandi I also have a test date comming up with Flexjet. Anyone have any info on the new psych portion and/or the interview?

Would appreciate any info!

Will

MissChief
19th Feb 2001, 23:24
Concerning the FJ sim ride, Chinny--I don't have bizjet time, so should I worry? Just flown heavy metal and turboprops, so I would appreciate a few specifics on the ride--i.e.type of sim, profile, duration, pitfalls, etc.

Thanks

chinny
20th Feb 2001, 01:11
For all u budding Fj guys this is what I know;
-physco test is std physco test,don't try and give the ans u think they want,just be straight and give the answer that u believe is true to your case.
-sim ride is a straight foward SID airways and app in a twin jet sim.U will be briefed b 4 hand.If u have vast experience then expect a bit more!
-interview can be up to 2 hrs on just about anything covering a wide spectrum,may be just one guy/girl or a multiple "jury".Expect aviation in general Q's according to your experience.
Don't try to be a smart arse as they are experienced interviewers and will see right through u and you'll blow your chances.Just be yourself!!!!
Any-one else with any gen then the guys I'm sure will be interested.

SSBJ
20th Feb 2001, 04:22
Netjets middle east is a sinking ship so don't waste your time in this area.

TheDrop
20th Feb 2001, 10:51
Psycho test is the standard array of math (fractions and equations, some pytagoras, powers of tens, etc), perception, simultaneous capacity, combining figures, rows of numbers and letters, interview at the end of the day with short term memory test and simultaneous capacity. Nothing to be afraid of.

I believe these folks also do testing for the SAS airline, and I think they are all Danish ex mil.

You can't really prepare much, just be rested, "be yourself" and come to the test with an open mind.

Interview with FJ: You can't really prepare anything, it's all standard, they want to know more about you.

Simride: If you can fly your instruments and you can learn from your errors, it shouldn't be a problem. To my knowledge, only some pilots go to the sim ride.

Oh, by the way, there is an add again in the recent FI (20-26 feb, p. 81): EU/FCL ATPL, 1500 hours, right to live in EU, 1500 total, 500 multi crew.

TheDrop
20th Feb 2001, 11:06
Scandi, are you with SAS (considering your handle) ?

Mail me if you like ...

mr blue sky
21st Feb 2001, 10:40
SSBJ do you have any factual info to back up your assertion about Net Jets Middle East or is it your usual hot air ? Normally you don't reply to questions so I suppose this one is just a waste of time. Come on lets hear a few facts as opposed to your usual rubbish !

[This message has been edited by mr blue sky (edited 21 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by mr blue sky (edited 21 February 2001).]