PDA

View Full Version : King Air Pilot prospect in the UK?

Bambi
29th Sep 1999, 23:53
Please help, I'm considering flying King Airs or something similar. I'd just like to get a feel for what I may expect in terms of pay, conditions and operations.

Yours gratefully

Bambi

Daifly
30th Sep 1999, 18:09
Bambi,

See: www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum2/HTML/002172.html (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum2/HTML/002172.html) though I think you already did.

What you need experience wise obviously depends from Operator to Operator. Currently most Operators are taking on crews who have no turbo-prop experience as all the experienced guys (and gals) have moved up to Jets.

Perf C needed and the ARB (JAR-OPS doesn't quite seem to have been put in place yet) if you want to appear keen!

Any other questions, feel free to mail me.

Oh yeah - it's all about who you know and right place at the right time!!

Bambi
1st Oct 1999, 01:22
Thanks,

I did stumble on the forum you metioned. I'm trying to get a feel for the Corporate world as career instead of the scheduled operator route.

The Perf C and ARB are good points, I'm still waiting for an answer from the CAA. Having sat Perf A,on advice from a friend. The CAA say they don't know when I'll be covered, but if I want to fly soon I'll have to sit the Perf C exam.

mackone
1st Oct 1999, 16:06
I have a contact in Papua New Guinea, they have heaps of B200's in the Pacific Rim area, he constantly gets leeters from agencies with pilots on their books, he would suggest over 300 pilots flying B200's some with over 10,000 hrs on type are presently looking to relocate out of the third world back into civilization.
Happy job hunting

Shag-Fest
1st Oct 1999, 22:05
And your point mackone? Surely you cannot think that your '300' king air pilots are coming to the UK? Thank goodness we have respectable companies here in the UK, and you forget the issue of a UK licence.

No, your posting is pointless my friend, a bigger worry for wannabes is the collapse of Debonair, it will have a serious knock on effect for beginners.

Daifly
1st Oct 1999, 22:10
Absolutely Shag-fest.

Thanks for the voice of reason.