PDA

View Full Version : MCC Courses, Which Ones have Job connections!

badboy raggamuffin
3rd May 2007, 20:40
Hi all,

Have heard here and there that certain MCC courses can lead to job interviews if you make a decent impression. Which ones would these be then eh? (apart from the Ryan Air related scammers of course!)
Can anyone here testify as to having got a job interview as the result of their MCC course?

Also, in choosing an MCC course, what other things should I look out for, ie how important is the type of sim? Would doing it on say a king air sim disadvantage you if you had a sim check on a 737 for example?

As always, cheers for any replies.

TheFlyingDJ
3rd May 2007, 21:19
I did MCC at TFC, but nothing there.

Heard that C4U and FSB doe MCC and during MCC you are watched by recruiters. Don;t know if it's true tho, but I do know that some go on to TQ and get hired in Germany

menikos
4th May 2007, 10:26
Generally speaking when it comes to be hired in germany they ask you to be fluent in german :{ but who knows maybe english is enough.

Bye

MonarchA330
4th May 2007, 11:08
CTC's ATP scheme puts you into a hold pool for a job but, as far as Im aware, it is currently closed for aplications at the moment. Have a look at www.ctcwings.co.uk and the various CTC threads on here regarding propspects of employment afterwards (pretty damn high!)
M330

avrodamo
9th May 2007, 07:14
Only my opinion, but i thought that when completing the MCC, it could go someway to helping in getting that elusive first position. I did mine at EFT on the L1011. It was great, and i got a very good report, but the reality is it's just a tick in the box that you need to have. With hindsight i would have done the cheapest i could find. I would say the only benefit was i got some jet sim handling time.
I kept in touch with 12 guys who i met at various points during my training. We were all modular, and all second career guys. All of us took very different paths. All of us now fly jets, so i firmly believe if you keep motivated you will get there.:}

portsharbourflyer
9th May 2007, 08:00
Last year Flight Safety had links with Loganair for the MCC on the Saab 340 at Farnborough. Not sure if the same scheme is still running.

downwind
10th May 2007, 03:41
try intercockpit, had a friend of mine do the MCC on the B737-300 SIM in berlin and did the B737-800 TR with Air Berlin after, but spks german though, but give it a go cos i recall he was telling me that some guys went to greece to fly a 737 with some low cost airline there.