PDA

View Full Version : JCB Falcon 2000

Rarely
28th Apr 2000, 19:42
Anyone got any information regarding JCBs Operation?

StressFree
29th Apr 2000, 11:55
I don't know a great deal about JCB except they have been around for years. They used to run a 125-800 but now have a Falcon 2000 based at East Midlands.
By most accounts its a decent job.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Jumbo Jockey
29th Apr 2000, 17:55
Gotta live within 35 miles of East Midlands, and rumour control had it that the Falcon 2000 was to be replaced by a 900. (or at least Brian Gates' "Bizjet" book had a Falcon 900 pending registration to JCB last year). Most of JCB's flying consists of bringing customers to the factory (via EMA and a chopper), small amount transporting the company's exec's around on sales tours and the like, and the rest private for the owners of the company. I believe it has been a co-captain operation in the past, no more than 3 or 4 pilots in the flight department, and a mate who went for interview there was told the package included a salary in the mid 50's, final-salary pension and a really cool white Vectra diesel, most likely with "JCB" in the number plate!!

As StressFree says, JCB has been doing business aviation for a long time, but as a tiny word of caution, ask yourself why they are advertising this job for the third time in about two years?

Why not find out more by sending off a CV in response to the advert? Good luck.

Mach Tuck
30th Apr 2000, 11:27
The 900 has been sold. Another 2000 on the way. I understand that the pilot who left was an airline pilot who lived under the popular misconception that small aeroplanes are easier to operate than big ones. His illusion shattered, he's gone back to the easy life.

RAFAT
13th Apr 2001, 20:26
Further to Jumbo Jockey's post, yet another recruitment process has just finished at JCB, and from 200 applicants, NOBODY got the Falcon 2000 Co-pilot job.

What the hell are they doing ?? there has to be something more to this than just a 'fussy' Chief Pilot.

PURPLE PITOT
15th Apr 2001, 15:56
Unfortunately JCB pilot recruitment is in the hands of their human resource dept, who use various psycometric/personality tests to see if your personality fits the JCB corporate profile.

Even more unfortunately, if you are an aviator with a classic stable extrovert personality (alledgedly the best for the job), then you won't fit in.A classic case of the blind recuiting the useless.

PS i am not having ago at the current aircrew as they joined before this lunacy started, and i know they are all good chaps.

Fly Better!
20th Apr 2001, 02:14
I was interviewed last July, you have to live within 20 miles of the airport, I also got asked a lot of 'what would you do if a passenger was abusive / late / angry' type questions.
They want people who can act as salesmen for the company, you are expected to know about their products, in detail!
I was also told there are 3 pilots full time with one freelance. Also " the aircraft is available 365 days a year and so are the crew".

The chief pilot is an ex IBM pilot (Paris) standard day is pick customers up from around Europe or whrever and bring them to the factory near Derby and then take them back in the evening, hence the 20 miles from base (you go home for dinner).

Hope this is of use.