View Full Version : QANTAS new recruits

scarlet wimpernel
3rd May 2007, 17:34
Does anyone have any info on what the new qantas eba will have in store for new hires in terms of remuneration? Will there be a bona fide ‘b scale’ that stays with you for the rest of your career as has been done at other airlines, or will it just be a lower wage scale for SO's.
I.e. when promoted to FO would you be paid the same as other FO's or would it be on another scale?
Any info would be great,
Cheers
SW

Keg
3rd May 2007, 17:45
The AIPA negotiators have had two meetings with QF in the last three weeks. I think we're a long way to go before we know what the state of play is of the stuff you talk about. Initial reports from AIPA suggest there is common ground in a few areas and that a positive and relatively timely outcome are likely. Of course that bright light at the end of the tunnel may well be an oncoming train! :eek:

If history is anything to go by then L/H techies have generally been quite anti any concept of a B-scale. This isn't to state that QF won't try and offer an AWA to a new-joiner and I don't know the law well enough to know whether there is anything that we (or you) could do about it. Of course if everyone just said 'no' and demanded to be put on the award.... :ugh: :ok:

I reckon it'll be at least a couple of months before you hear anything solid on the EBA front.

scarlet wimpernel
3rd May 2007, 19:21
Thanks for the info keg, mate, I’m overseas right now so I’ve been hearing some rumours but am way out of the loop!
I’ve been away along time (pre workchoices) so excuse the ignorance of this question, but could an AWA be offered on an individual basis…ie different rules/pay for each new joiner? :ugh: seems unbelievable
Anyway, thanks mate,
cheers
SW
semper est bibendum(?)

neville_nobody
4th May 2007, 08:26
Isn't that just what happened at National Jet? B scale AND you pay for the endorsement and you're bonded? Anyone in the know care to elaborate.

Keg
5th May 2007, 01:23
Scarlet, sorry but I'm no help to you on this one. I don't know the post work (no) choices well enough.

In any respect if QF do try it on they know they can't do it for too long. The gene pool is getting quite shallow according to some accounts.