PDA

View Full Version : Championship Final in Athens - what's it going to be like?

mgTF
3rd May 2007, 17:25
how many of us will be there?
and how many will get the parking/slot?

farmer jo
3rd May 2007, 17:50
Don't worry about parking slots, they had no problem in the olympics despite grand plans They shut one taxi way to accomodate 100+ aorcraft the maximum on that parking at any one time was about 6 and they were localy based aircraft moved off there usual parking !! If you want hotac let me know !!
ATP

BA299
4th May 2007, 08:46
I think we go to ATH but probably than we ferry the airplane somewhere else.

Evanelpus
4th May 2007, 12:23
I read somewhere that UEFA had organised a third and fourth place play off game. It's being billed as the FA Cup Final and ManU and Chelsea fans are invited to attend.

mgTF
7th May 2007, 14:24
I´ve spoken with the handling and they told me that will start to manage the situation arranging slot by the 15th of may!!

SimonD678
16th May 2007, 15:30
anyone heard any further news on slots for the Champions league final? heard a whisper today that there are 'NO' GA slots at all and that all GA has to go to an alternate miltary base?

Surely this cant be right?

charterguy
17th May 2007, 00:37
SimonD678

Money talks !

The airport makes its money from passenger taxes.

Let's see, do I take a Corsair 747-400 (580 pax X EUR 30 = EUR 17,400.00) or do i take a Citation II (8 pax x EUR 30 = EUR 240). :ugh:
You don't have to be a brain surgeon to work that one out !!!

If you want to get a slot, I suggest you offer to pay a premium of EUR 20,000.00. Maybe they'll consider it. But don't hold your breath.
580 Liverpool fans will probably spend another EUR 30,000.00 buying booze in the terminal while they are waiting for their return flight.

It's just a shame the the old airport at Glyfada is earmarked for re-develoment. Would have made an ideal GA airport !!

CG

TheOtherSide
17th May 2007, 08:46
We just got slots and parking in Athens!

I dont know how much cash I owe someone.

bjornvil
18th May 2007, 14:50
We have sold both our aircraft into Athens for the Championship league final and I am still waiting for an answer from our handling agent about if we get slots or not, and we applied for the slots in April. If we don't get slots where do we go? Elefsis (LGEL)? Tanagra (LGTG)? Mykonos even? The operations manager at the handling told me they were still trying to get the authorities to open up these military airports for the GA traffic to the Final.

Its getting a little tight as we are flying down there on tuesday and don't know weather we get to land in Athens or what to do. It's not a good situation at all:{

DollComber
18th May 2007, 15:06
They told us NO GA, maybe we can have a chance at Patras LGRX.
Good luck:ok:

bjornvil
18th May 2007, 15:36
Oh, this is a disaster. Just spoke to my contact in LGAV and she basically told me that my alternative is Mitilini (LGMT) 142NM from LGAV :ugh:. And that i would need to try and get the passengers from there on commercial flights.

So we are basically screwed from my point of view. :{

**EDIT**
And she also told me that the military fields near Athens will NOT be available for the GA traffic into Athens. :suspect:

BA299
18th May 2007, 19:49
I think that the problem will be for the night stop. We do just a turn around and we have no trbls.

the bald eagle
19th May 2007, 20:43
Just got off the phone to Athens Aviation Services (Signature)

The only airport available now seems to be LGBL Nea Anghialos (Almiros) airforce base opened up because of the footie
Its approx 3 hour drive from the city/ground and PPR so if you want to see Milan lose again best you contact AAS to organise things and pronto:ok: