PDA

View Full Version : Hire or Reward?

Toebrake
28th Apr 2000, 12:06
O.K here's a question for you to ponder.
If a PPL and some pals were to fly in an airshow would they be able to get outside sponsorship (EG from a local company) to cover completely or partially the wet hire costs.

They would make no cash out of it themselves.

Would the CAA go for it?

By the way the CAA have already given the go ahead for them to fly in the show, so this would just be a way for them to save a bit of cash for a one off event (Plus practice flights).

Any thoughts?

------------------
Backtrack if required

StressFree
28th Apr 2000, 13:36
Hmmm, interesting.
In my experience the CAA usually try to stop all aircraft flying at all times. They seem to be getting more and more out of touch with the real world. Still if they have given you the go-ahead then it must be OK.
More Beer.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

JJflyer
28th Apr 2000, 13:46
Donīt tell them.

JJ

Toebrake
28th Apr 2000, 16:02
We did the show last year and are up for it again this year, but I for one would like to keep the cost down(Who wouldn't).

It's a bit too public for anything sneaky but thanks for the reply.

Any CAA bod care to comment, I'm sure you must prowl the PPRUNE postings from time to time?

------------------
Backtrack if required

linecheck
28th Apr 2000, 18:39
I think the expression the CAA use is valuable consideration. The question is if someone else effectively pays for the aeroplane then you are gaining some the aforementioned. Its like if a ppl takes a passenger, he has to share the cost equally with the other person, or pay it all him/herself.
If in doubt, call the blue lagoon and get the response in writing!

tailplane
1st May 2000, 15:50
We'll wait with interest to see if you get a straight-forward answer from the CAA!!