PDA

View Full Version : Daewoo are crap! - and corporate flying

Zulu
24th Apr 2000, 23:48
Daewoo UK - never, ever EVER buy one of their cars, unless you want to own the biggest piece of s@#t on the road, along with pathetic customer services, incompetent and lying mechanics and a car that loses money faster than BA.

Now...

Can anyone describe the sort of corporate flying work available in the UK?
I guess my pre-conception of corporate work is either:-
a) You're flying Posh Spice to the South of France for a week in a Gulfstream V, $500 tips and staying in the same hotel
or
b) You're at the beck and call of company Chairmen/Chief Executives, flying them to meetings and on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Presumably the truth lies somewhere between the two.

What sort of experience do corporate operators look for? And are they run like airlines (i.e. rosters, base checks, et al...)

Any info. appreciated.

Zulu

jetjackel
24th Apr 2000, 23:51
Don't know much about corporate flying but I do believe Daewoo is Korean.....

Drop and Stop
25th Apr 2000, 09:04
What's the go with Daewoo anyway, it's like they tried to come up with a name but lost interest half way through.....

linecheck
25th Apr 2000, 11:26
ZULU-I can't believe you actually bought a Daewoo, must be someone you know. Read WWW's
burning pages of Breaking Into This Sector. Lots there about your query.

Redline
25th Apr 2000, 23:11
I don't know about $500 tips, our piston guys often get a crisp twenty thrust in their sweaty paw at the end of a trip but as soon as you start flying Jet A1 burners they assume you can afford your own beer.
It's horses for courses, I love corporate but it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Latte tester
27th Apr 2000, 19:01
Zulu, My Hyundai is yet another POSH vehicle, that is to say Piece Of Sh-t Hyundai, I wonder if the Koreans have a clue.....

Corporate flying can have its highs, like Posh Spice etc and the lows, like more time in the FBO than in the AIR. I used to do the corporate thing, but don't any more mainly because of the latter - and of course, the twenty hour days. Some people luck in with a great company, but I think for the most part, much sitting around is the order of the day - 'course, if the pay is high then it doesn't hurt quite as much.........

StressFree
27th Apr 2000, 21:01
Gentlemen,
I have tried both airlines and corporate. I'm now with the worlds 2nd biggest firm and there is no way at all that I would ever go back to airline work. Pay, perks, cars, health ins., loads of time off etc. say no more. It is important to differentiate between VIP charter and corporate, I've done loads of both. You may get a big tip from Posh Spice on a charter but give me company execs. any day. less sh*t than big egos any day. More beer NOW.

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Zulu
30th Apr 2000, 01:21
linecheck - alas it was I; but I was an Air Traffic Controller at the time, so was too stressed to make a sensible choice.

Now I fly BAe aircraft that go tech. all the time, I suppose I should avoid any cars they've been involved with - didn't they use to own Rover....

[This message has been edited by Zulu (edited 29 April 2000).]