PDA

View Full Version : Sale of Luftwaffe memorabilia

Hairyplane
3rd May 2007, 12:55
Hello all.

I have entered a large collection of ( ex-RLM, Fairoaks) Luftwaffe memorabilia - Clothing, watches, maps, instrument panels, Aircraft and engine Manuals, photographs, medals, badges...jeez...the list goes on, there are some real treasures...in the forthcoming Dominic Winters 'Collectors Sale', to be held in their auction rooms at South Cerney, Glos.

The auction is on May 17th.

The catalogue can be viewed on line at www.Dominicwinter.co.uk

You can bid by phone or Email - you dont have to be there although having been to these sales before I can tell you it will be a cracking day out.

The purpose of letting such important artefacts go is to fund the ongoing operation of my vintage flying machines at Old Warden. As nice as it would be to keep everything I have to take a pragmatic view.

Come and see my Klemm 35D, Bucker Bestmann, Fieseler Storch ( project) and FW 44 Steiglitz at Old Warden this Sunday - our first display of the season.

You can watch the Bestmann fly, to the strains of 'Great Escape'.

The Bestmann is also booked into Sywell on Saturday, flown by my mate Alan Cooper. Any resemblance by Alan to Donald Pleasance is purely coincidental...

HP

VATCO
3rd May 2007, 20:44
Just had a look at the catalogue well woth a look
Good luck with the sale
See you at Old Warden sometime