PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair: Just Flown My First Flight...

strake
3rd May 2007, 08:51
....to Spain.

No agenda other than to compliment the team that flew us to Valencia and back.
Excellent flights, on time, good value, friendly crew..does what it says on the box AND could teach Virgin UC (who I fly with twice a month) a few lessons about doing some quick announcements and then leaving us alone....

There, now you can close this thread as well if you want......

slim_slag
3rd May 2007, 09:09
What I've noticed is that the FR threads on here go downhill when employees from other airlines start posting. By comparison, the PAX are quite civilised in their opinions. Some not very valid as they don't fly the airline, but they don't get nasty.

slip and turn
3rd May 2007, 09:22
I think I would tend to agree with you strake. I think the questions that get raised are mostly about what's really inside what's in the box you mentioned. Some days it shows. Most days it doesn't. Time will tell.

slim_slag
3rd May 2007, 09:43
You could say that about any large organisation, airlines included, maybe more so for airlines.

scruggs
3rd May 2007, 10:14
Paxed many many times with FR. Only short hops between EGBB and EIDW, and have never been dissapointed.

TightSlot
3rd May 2007, 12:01
A little spikey today strake?

The intention is not (as you well know) to close threads and stifle debate: Exactly the opposite, in fact. FR threads have a tendency to spiral into heated and pointless argument: In my judgement, the previous (now closed) FR thread was intended to provoke that kind of response. The intention behind this thread does not appear to be provocative (except to moderators? :E),and therefore it remains.

strake
3rd May 2007, 12:49
Sorry Tightslot, mea culpa, mea culpa. :O :O
I'd just come from somewhere else on the forum and posted whilst peeved:)

TightSlot
3rd May 2007, 17:00
:ok:.............

Final 3 Greens
3rd May 2007, 19:00
A little spikey today strake?

No - you intervened very quickly on the other thread, his comment is fair.

Dan Air 87
3rd May 2007, 20:06
I have had the FR experience last year... never again. It wasn't just the plane , it was the crew (who nearly put me on the wrong flight), the cost of parking at STN and that it was late.

CARR30
3rd May 2007, 20:27
We're off. Already the typical rip-off airport parking fees that apply at Stansted are somehow Ryanair's fault.

Why weren't we warned that this thread would spiral into pointless argument? I blame the mods.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd May 2007, 20:33
Maybe you should start a thread ( PRO RYANAIR COMMENTS ONLY )
no ryanair bashers welcome :ok:

CARR30
3rd May 2007, 20:43
.. and no Pink Elephant bashers either. :=
Let's be nice to everybody.

A2QFI
4th May 2007, 16:21
I recently had 4 days parking in the Satnsted mid-stay for £28.90 which is 50% off the drive-in price which is an extortionate £13.80 per day or part therof. Book in advance, on line, and discount is yours

Final 3 Greens
4th May 2007, 18:12
A2CFI

Its never been the same since they built the new terminal.

I remember STN before - the Cricketers bar/cafe, parking < 3 days 60p, > 3 days £1.

Them were t'days!

Selfloading
4th May 2007, 18:26
I used to think parking at Stansted was expensive, until I parked at Luton :eek: