PDA

View Full Version : The New Air Tanzania

Attitude17Degrees
3rd May 2007, 07:07
After Breaking away from SAA, Air Tanzania has found a new sponsor (Host) to Survive on, rumour has it The Chinese Government is more than willing to invest in the airline and plans to operate anything from A320's to 737NG's are well up and away.

Interesting though, who is going to fly the new machines ? the old timers who fly steam driven loco's !:} oh they are hiring fresh ones, all are welcome!

As long as you possess a Tanzania Pilots license and can speak some swahili, Karibo Tena

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd May 2007, 08:59
Another toe in the door for the recolonisation of Africa...:rolleyes:

answer=42
3rd May 2007, 16:00
How good is Air Tanzania at the moment in terms of safety?

I've flown with them in the past and informed sources suggest that they've been very variable.

My alternative routing is via Precision Air / Kenya Airways with an overnight in Nairobi.

This is your SLF speaking. Thank you for flying me. I hope you have the chance to fly me again in the near future.

Attitude17Degrees
3rd May 2007, 17:00
Cant realy say how good, depends on what crew is flying on the flight you are on. The batch that follows SOP's or the batch that flies for the sake of flying.

You can judge for yourself.

KQ is a better choice no doubt

answer=42
4th May 2007, 08:04
Thanks for that, Attitude 17°

I'd always thought that the main problem in African aviation was not the flight deck but ensuring consistently good maintenance.

TC737
6th May 2007, 11:40
Hope it will open more routes and new destinations. DXB,MCT and BOM is in their card.

Flyboy737
6th May 2007, 18:37
Some clarity I hope to provide…..
The Training of Air Tanzania crew on the B737 has been done for the last 2 or more years by Comair at FAJS. We have an External Training Department with dedicated instructors to foreign customers. Air Tanzania has adopted the Comair SOP’s and all continuation training is conducted and coordinated by Comair.
I had the pleasure to conduct a session on 1/4/07 with them, and again the performance was very good. Both the Capt and F/O were very good with situational awareness and SOP's. Operating the simulator out of FACT with diversion into FAGG, they could not be faulted on any of the operations. That - out of, and into fields they have never operated at! In fact the Air Tanzania crew, and in-house D.E. (Capt. Joseph Ibanda) would make any airline proud.
I believe that a lot of hard work and effort by both airlines has paid off, and will continue to pay off in future. Please be assured that any negative criticism is totally unfounded!
Do fly safe…!
:ok:

RED LAND ASAP
8th May 2007, 07:13
Ya quite right ATTITUDE!!!

But be careful bout the PRECUSION alternative. Donno if things have changed yet, but was flying for them a while ago.

Was with the chief Pilot himself, on our way to Kigoma cleared by DAR APP to FL 190. He switched off his mode C(radar altitude reporting), and went up to FL250 looking for winds.

Had to resign from this :mad: place