PDA

View Full Version : Ban Mahan? New Info.

RoyHudd
3rd May 2007, 06:38
Unbelievably this slipshod Iranian outfit are still flying into the UK. The 2007 1st. quarter stats for noise abatement excursions due to non-adherence of SID's show that 49% of all departures from Manchester are incorrectly flown.

Incredible! Is this "airline" safe to operate in regulated airspace? I think not, especially after the spine-chilling low-level flights in Birmingham airspace referred to elsewhere in pprune. Are we permitting this lot to fly here so as not to upset Iran politically, which a ban would probably do, resulting in a ban of BA into Teheran. (Or a reciprocal ban of UK operators' transit of Iranian airspace).

Is the UK again behaving in a craven and cowardly manner? CAA, please answer this question with regard to a justification of why Mahan Air are still allowed to operate here.

speedrestriction
3rd May 2007, 14:30
Well it certainly begs the question - if any UK operator had a record like this how long would the CAA tolerate it?

sr

boristhemini
3rd May 2007, 15:03
They will be reluctant to act with the delicate state of affairs between the UK and Iran. Will it take a more 'serious incident' to push them into action? Lets face it, High Level Politics are for more important than us mere populous.

MOSTAFA
3rd May 2007, 20:00
Having used the service!!!!! On more than one occasion I have noticed and reported the same crew that fly in 6hrs later fly out. Also never keen on the fact that the armed marshall's!! Make no attempt to hide the fact who exactly they are but nobody at BB seems to care.

kingair9
4th May 2007, 07:21
I know more than one person who has used Mahan from Germany to BKK with stop in THR. On one of these occasions over the Himalaya, the cabin pressure systems partly failed and oxygen mask came down. According to his judgement (very frequent flyer) the crew handled this situation very good and professional.

On the other hand he confirms extremely short layovers also in BKK where the crew have less than 12 hours before they return to THR.

Many flights from Germany to THR are operated by German charter carriere BlueWings (BWI) with new A321 a/c. Maybe it is this fact that not so many bad stories about Mahan have been heard here in Germany?