View Full Version : Qantas Ques, Maths/Physics

dxbpilot
2nd May 2007, 22:09
Hi, I have been reading up on the Qantas requirements for employment. Maths and Physics are required by the looks of things. Does this mean a pilot with 1500 hours TT, 1200 737 has no chance with qantas if he/she has not completed the right high school subjects ?

thanks for your replys...

Capt_SNAFU
2nd May 2007, 22:14
Yes. Maths and physics required.

Gordon Schumway
2nd May 2007, 23:47
* dbxpilot - Flying a jet with 300 hrs TT

* 22yo flying N registered bizjet, SINGLE PILOT, ~1000 hrs TT, excited cos he's just clocked up 500 hrs multi!!

Quote from management: 'Pilot shortage!... What pilot shortage??'

jack red
3rd May 2007, 01:53
Does this mean a pilot with 1500 hours TT, 1200 737 has no chance with qantas if he/she has not completed the right high school subjects ?

That is correct and, from what I have been told, hell will freeze over before QF change that requirement. My nephew is studying the Physics course right now at night school.

cunninglinguist
3rd May 2007, 02:14
Better than that, unless it has changed recently ( which is quite possible ) the requirement was HSC ( yr 12 ) which had to include maths and physics.

Capt Kremin
3rd May 2007, 03:01
Be thankful that they don't have the same requirements as Fedex!!

https://www.pilotcredentials.com/careers/index.php?a=qualifications

dxbpilot
3rd May 2007, 15:16
Thats not so great ! anyone know how long it takes to do a approved maths/physics course ?

Its strange to think they would take someone with multi piston time that has done the maths/physics over someone with jet experience without the maths/physics.

Not surprised at all that most airlines in the states require a degree. A mate of mine was telling me he did his FAA ATP test in a weekend !

jack red
4th May 2007, 06:38
Its strange to think they would take someone with multi piston time that has done the maths/physics over someone with jet experience without the maths/physics.

You don't know our QANTAS mate :ok:
Hang in there, maybe the new owners will change things down the track.:E

metrosmoker
4th May 2007, 11:28
What are you bitching about?
Just read Fedex`s requirements, and they have dropped the hour required by a few thousand from 5 years ago!
The degree, well unless you have been to a US college, gotten tanked out of your head for a few years and had unprotected promiscuos sex, then, you are just not qualified for anything over there.

dxbpilot
4th May 2007, 12:56
Quote:
You don't know our QANTAS mate :ok:
Hang in there, maybe the new owners will change things down the track.:EToday 01:16

Not to mention the hassles of not having PIC time for a F/O job in Australia.