PDA

View Full Version : Finnair

RMAJ
2nd May 2007, 12:15
I just travelled with Finnair from Oslo - Helsinki - Bangkok and back. On my way back I had 5 hours transit time, that I used to look at the airplanes, the crews and planes taking off.

First off all I have to say that I had very good flights with Finnair and the service was very good. On the Helsinki - Bangkok flight, all informations was given in 4 languages, Finish, Swedish, English and Thai.

What surprised me most was that they had a lot of young pilots. In almost all crews I saw in the airport, there was one first officer in the age 20-26. I didnt ask them about age, but they looked very young. And the majority of the captains looked like they where around 30-40. These crews were flying A319, A320 and B757.

I also travel with SAS (Scandinavian Airlines Service) inside Norway and in Europe. The majority of the SAS crews I have seen have pilots in the age 40-60. So it is nice to see that Finnair hire many young pilots.

You can disagree, maybe I am wrong also, but I am talking about what I have seen with my eyes.