PDA

View Full Version : Survey of long haul biz jet drivers

3pointer
1st Aug 1999, 16:33
If i may take a second of your time I would much appreciate it!

If you are a long haul Bizjet driver what makes you decide which FBO to use if there are several nearby?

1. If we had a twin turbine helicopter to whisk your pax to the centre of town would you use it!

2. We are very close (3 miles) from the beach with lots of yachting marinas, if you were in for a couple of days and had several fantastic golf clubs all nearby, as well as the use of some 40-50ft sailing yachts as all part of the FBO service would this sway you at all?

3. What other things do you want from an FBO other than the what you are use too, but no-one else seems to have done yet.

I much appreciate you taking the time to read this and would appreciate it even more if you could send some info back that is relevant.

------------------
Stick & Rudder Together?

Keymaster
3rd Aug 1999, 00:11
3 pointer, could you be that rare commodity a european FBO prepared to listen? if so go see what the competition is offering. Most of europe has only one fbo per airport so your stuffed to start with, LBY an exception,
But ideally (wish list coming up)
Dear Santa Claus,
I have been a very good person and so would like

1. A listening watch on the company frequency so I can talk to you and not listen to static.

2 An Air conditioned car/van as appropriate for the pax there as we shut down. Prefferably airside access for the pax own drivers.

3 Speedy customs clearance without having to drive all over the airport.

4 Well turned out multi lingual staff. (6foot big busted, blond,bird but we'll settle for a pygmie if there good at the job, Ill just get the fo to sleep with it)

5 Refuel avaliable pronto, no waiting for manuell to finish his sangria then do the 747 on the next stand.

6 Nice office block, with seperate crew and pax waiting areas. Big comfy chairs (full recliners like Jet Air Zurich Brill for crew snoozing, Air con, Sat TV, newspapers in 3 languages.

7 Tea Coffee Biscuits OJ FREE

8 Cafe or Bar Restauraunt (not free)

9 ICE and Hot water in large quantities.

10 Secure Onight a/c parking, preferably with cctv

11 Catering from reliable source in town, not airport crap.

urm what else have i forgotten

12 Extensive knowledge of local hotac and nightlife.

12a Flight planning capabilities with a direct phone line to god (or IFPS) giving plenty of warning of slot delays.

14 resonably priced, but on average capabilities more important.

15 Ah yes for those it never happens on empty sectors moments, basic engineering capabilities for popular types, or at least support for called out engineers, ie a bit of hangerage, ladders, staging just in case items.

16 (see 15) Get us a back up a/c now now now.

Thats about all i can think of off the top of my head, hope its of some use.

-------------------------------------------

woftam
3rd Aug 1999, 01:45
Please excuse the ignorance.
What is an FBO?
(I am a mere airline jockey)
Great forum too guys,some interesting stuff here that we are not exposed to.
Happy flying.

redsnail
3rd Aug 1999, 03:25
Fixed Base Operator.
A "terminal" equivalent. A point of contact at that airport that can arrange catering and fuel, maintenance, a place for the wx faxes, some where for the punters to sit prior to boarding etc.
Quite often in Oz, it is the local flying school or aero club.

------------------
reddo
skid, slide, scrape, bash, then...silence.

JJflyer
3rd Aug 1999, 11:33
Well well... Keymaster hit the jackpot.
I really don't know what to add to that wish list... Like you were reading my mind.
All items listed are pretty standard in any respectable FBO in US and Canada... But quite hard to come by elsewhere on the planet.
Oh a few things came into my mind:

1. Separate Crew lounge with showers and quiet room ( with Beds ).
2. Rental cars , Hotel reservations etc available through the FBO.

JJ

[This message has been edited by JJflyer (edited 03 August 1999).]

3pointer
3rd Aug 1999, 13:35
Keymaster,

Thankyou for your excellent input, which is much appreciated, we will be @ NBAA conducting the same survey, so if you are there drop by and say hello!

Watch this space in the UK, for new FBO 12/24 months from now.

------------------
Stick & Rudder Together?

gaunty
3rd Aug 1999, 20:06
Professional Pilot Magazine in the US run a brilliant FBO Of The Year thingo should be some good meat in that.
They sure have got it wired in that part of the world. Its the only place I know where you actually get chased for your business and loved to death for it.
They should be at NBAA if you don't already subscribe.

Daifly
7th Aug 1999, 15:17
If you have access to the UK's current FBOs you need to combine Metro's high service levels and lounges with Magec (Lynton)'s facilities and customer base - not much to ask for eh!?

I've worked for both if you want any advice - mail me!

Capt PPRuNe
7th Aug 1999, 16:47
3pointer please check your email address in your profile or contact your ISP because every reply notification to this thread is being bounced back to me with the following message: ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx2.plus.net.uk.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
550 <[email protected]>... User unknown

----- Original message follows -----

I'm away for a few days now but please try and get it sorted out otherwise I will have to close this thread and your posting priveleges will be suspended until the problem is corrected.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe

[This message has been edited by Capt PPRuNe (edited 07 August 1999).]

3pointer
7th Aug 1999, 22:59
Humble apologies, and thankyou for advising me, i hope it has been rectified now.

------------------
Stick & Rudder Together?

Daifly
10th Aug 1999, 01:51
3Pointer - I tried to reply to your mail, but got the same message as the Captain.

Maybe you'd like to try again from another address?

Cheers, Dave.