PDA

View Full Version : Simcorp flight training

elfransa
1st May 2007, 23:13
Hi guys

Does anyone know anything about simcorp in the states?
They offer all type ratings, also they have contracts with outside companies for students to work and build 500hrs as a first officer, student pays for this of course.

Any bit of information on them would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Franco

Cabair351
3rd May 2007, 11:58
Hi, I would love some information on them aswell. Their prices for the A320 Type Rating and 500 hours seem too good to be true....

The only thing i know about them is that they are a new organisation and their MD/Boss is an Egyptian. I spoke to one of their secretaries a few days ago and she said that one their employees was in the process of negotiating line training programs.

elfransa
3rd May 2007, 19:02
Me 2 i spoke to her and she said the same thing they are negotiating new contracts price is good but how legite is it?

i mean i dont want to pay for a type rating and not get the intern program which offers 500hrs as a first officer with an international carrier
Those hours would be gold

Cabair351
4th May 2007, 11:35
Those are precisely my concerns too.

thierryisback
29th Jun 2007, 18:57
Hello,
I am looking for informations about SimCorp.
Someone have made their type rating?
Someone have made their online training and get 500 hours of flight?.
Let me know everything about them.Thanks
Regards

henriksch
24th Aug 2007, 17:59
Hi
Better late than never.
I have just attended Simcorp Flight Training, and I have no complaints.
Everything is run very proffesionel. The administration and instruction is excellent, and I feel that I got what I came for.. plus a few extra tricks.
I finished in july, and we are about to get send out to an airline I wont mention here. They are also very active, in trying to get you a job WITHOUT you having to pay for the hours..:D
Definitely very good value for the money.. But I bet you allready have that feeling, if you have been in contact with them.

henriksch
24th Aug 2007, 18:07
See my post about Simcorp here

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=282120&highlight=simcorp

BillieBob
24th Aug 2007, 18:29
AFAIK Simcorp do not hold any JAA approvals. There's certainly no mention on their website

henriksch
24th Aug 2007, 22:03
Thats correct. Its all FAA, but with 500 hours on type, the conversion should not be a problem.. Just a check ride.

fliegenwagenfahrer
25th Aug 2007, 16:39
I have attended the A320 TR Course at Simcorp earlier this year. The decision was a bit of a gamble initially since I have been around long enough to know better than wire money to a new place in Florida up front. :ouch:

Looking back now, I have made the right decision for me. The training was professional and up to expectations. Ground training took place in Orlando, Sim training in Miami.

I liked that candidates are required to study the FCOMs before hitting class. That saved a lot of time during the course. Questions during this preparation phase were answered by an instructor via Skype. Of course, I went through all systems, etc. again in class but it is then more of a refresher since many things will already be familiar. This way, I had more brain cells left to memorize other stuff, expenses for a hotel and downtime from a job are less.

Administration, instructors, and management were top notch. No complains here whatsoever. Customer service at its best and no hollow promises.

The permanent FAA license arrived approx. 2 months after the check ride. Thanks to the training documentation I received at Simcorp it took less than a month to add it on a CASA ATPL from there.

I cannot say much much about the time building aspect since I haven’t gotten that far yet. However, I was asked by a major carrier to submit an application through an arrangement by Simcorp.

So… yes, I got what I paid for (and actually more than that :) )… yes, it was fun training there and… yes I would train there again/would recommend them to others.

thierryisback
18th Oct 2007, 12:27
Good morning,
I have done a type rating with Simcorp in September and i'd like to know if you went through their complete program. How long do you need to wait before to fly the 500 hours.

Regards

Speedbird744
19th Oct 2007, 10:45
You'll need to wait a very very long time. 1-2years is a good estimate.

flyfast25
29th Oct 2007, 16:46
Where do you get your info? 1 -2 years?! Talked to SimCorp Friday, once TR is complete it takes about 3 months for security clearance, transfer of paper work to carrier, etc. before receiving an employment agreement from the carrier. Check out hgcfly.com After building TT to 300 you're eligible for SO full pay, FO & Captain programs also available.

Speedbird744
30th Oct 2007, 16:12
I mean, if you meet the hour requirements for the program than 3 months is fine. 1000 hours, 500 multi etc. If not, they won't help you at all.

davey147
30th Oct 2007, 19:06
What is the price for an A320 TR at SimCorp, I see no prices on their website.

ARGREECE
31st Oct 2007, 07:51
The price is $ 14750 and it takes around 24 days

Mike Alpha
31st Oct 2007, 18:50
Argreece, when did you get this price? I contacted SimCorp, and they stated in early october that the TR price is $ 19750.

In addition to that, the HGC Internship fee is $ 12750.

Regards.

ARGREECE
31st Oct 2007, 21:54
almost 20000 $ ? for FAA rating? i guess its too much! i had this offer in late august, actually i will contact them again, and let you know.

does this 1000 tt or 500 multi still apply(for india).
do they offer any other programs apart fromhour building in india? for example someone with 250 hours what choice would he have?

Mike Alpha
1st Nov 2007, 14:54
The 1000 hours TT, or 500 Multi, or TR + 100 hours on type, do still apply, these are India's DGCA requirements to convert a foreign licence, so unless there is a regulatory change (which it is not likely in the near future), these are the minimum requirements to fly commercially in India.

Regarding other programs, SimCorp doesn't publicise any other, so apparently they don't have any other internship program.

Regards.

ARGREECE
1st Nov 2007, 18:05
Guys just contacted simcorp, the price is $$ 13950(for SIC) and 15950 $ for PIC when you accumulate the hours for a320 rating
$ 6500 for reccurency check

Mike Alpha
1st Nov 2007, 23:05
Sorry to bother your ARGREECE, could you explain a little bit more what you said in your previous post? $$ 13950(for SIC) and 15950 $ for PIC when you accumulate the hours for a320 ratingI don't really get :\ the issue of SIC or PIC, or accumulating the hours for a A320 rating.

If you want, I can send you the pdf file that simcorp sent me, with the info on their A320 Internship program, the one from which I quoted the prices I mentioned above.

Regards.

ARGREECE
2nd Nov 2007, 10:33
Actually its what they sent to me too, on pdf, probably the more expensive route would allow you, when you reach 1500 hours to move to the left(cptn) with no more training compared to the other(SIC) training. this is how i get it.all the best

naoya
5th Nov 2007, 05:53
Hi, guys.

I just joined PPRuNe and very interested in HGC&Simcorp program which lead you airline company in India. Do you guys know which one is the airline company in India?

And also what I like to know is how much do you need until you received salary? How long does it take after you receive type rating?

Mike Alpha
5th Nov 2007, 14:33
Hi naoya.

Regarding which is the Indian company, I don't really know, but for sure it is not Indigo, because I contacted them directly and they responded (very kind from them) that they don't have any relation with SimCorp. Consequently the other possible company has to be Kingfisher/Deccan (apparently Kingfisher has recently bought Deccan), but I haven't been able to get to them to ask if they do have an agreement with Simcorp.

Regarding salaries etc. this is a quotation of SimCorp's A320 info that I got direct from them:
When registered with HGC and paid the Internship Fee $12,750 (which also provides you with 12 months membership of career support), you will be issued a contract directly with the carrier and start as a Second Officer.
The carrier will pay you $1000 per month as a Second Officer, but hold that amount for your accommodation as you build your 300 hrs on Type (average flight time per month is 80-90Hrs) 80hrs x 4 months = 320Hrs
When you have your 300 hours on Type you will be flying the line and earning a salary (gross $3000) and accommodation. Build to 500 hours and you qualify as a First Officer.
In less than four months you will have a job earning a salary with the airline, and three months later you will have more than your five hundred hours and have earned a gross salary of $9000 and be in a position to go anywhere you want with an A320 Type rating and more than 500hrs experience as a first officer.Be aware that this is Simcorp's publicity, not actual contrasted fact, so it is necessary to take it with a lot of caution.

The time to get the TR in your licence is apparently between 60 to 90 days after successfully finishing it, but this is a FAA issue, not related to the wait period to begin working in India. In other threads this issue has been already mentioned, and apparently paperwork can take from 3 to 6 months.

A different issue is the one of the waiting list to get to fly in the Indian companies, which apparently is quite long.

I hope this was of help to you, and if anyone has more recent and accurate info, it would be greatly appreciated if they share it with all of us.

Regards

naoya
5th Nov 2007, 15:49
Hi, M.A

Thank you very much for valuable comment. So nobody knows when can you go India after you complete A320 type rated. But at least 3~4 month...
I do not know how many examiner out there(india) but it is not realty to fly with examiner every time.... If all captains over there are examiner, yes make sence... if cadets are less than captains though...

I was wondering how many cadets are stand by out of India...
And how many actual cadets are in India with program....
But anyway, I have no choise. Only this program is the way to my dream...
Is anybody considering to join this program soon?

henriksch, fliegenwagenfahrer and thierryisback
Please let us know any update!

Riso
7th Nov 2007, 22:01
So, if i got FAA licenses and take this course (a320TR) i will be able to join the cadet program to build 500 hours on type in India ? considering that i got only 200 hours TT..is this possible ? is there any extra charge besides the TR ? how much is the 500 hours on type ?

Best Landings!

Rodrigo Riso

naoya
8th Nov 2007, 07:14
Hi, Riso

Yes, you can join the cadet program but after you build TT1,000 hrs or 500 hrs Multi Engine time. So, if I were you, I would get CFI, CFII and MEI then built flight time as a CFI for 1~3 year up to 1,000 hrs. After that, I will apply this program.

A320 Core Curriculum - Second In Command (SIC) - Cost: 13,950 (20 days)
Hotels vary in rates from $59 to $150 per night. + Car rent

Stand by 3 or more month (At your home town)

SO / CADET PROGRAM Cost $12,750
You would need to support yourself for the three months in India whilst building your hours to the required 300, but accommodation is included.

Upon completion of 300Hrs and when released to the line by your TRE, you are eligible as a First Officer.

This is what I got info from www.hgcfly.com and www.SimCorpFlightTraining.Com and people from this forum.

I may join this program next year. But for you, you may find better offer while building your flight time...

Speedbird744
8th Nov 2007, 09:30
That is incorrect. Simcorp or HCG can't do anything with low hour pilots (200tt) despite what they claim. The second officer internship in India is only for pilots with 1000 hours excess because this is a new law now in India.
They will string you along claiming they have contracts here and there, the truth is no one has yet gone and I was in the first class at Simcorp in January this year.

naoya
8th Nov 2007, 09:47
Qualification for SO / CADET PROGRAM

1. FAA or ICAO CPL with Class1 Medical
2. 1000 Total Time OR 500 Multiengine Land
3. Cadet Fee (Base Training)
4. Approved Conversion Course

A320 Core Curriculum - Second In Command (SIC) - Cost: $13,950
Hotels vary in rates from $59 to $150 per night. x20 days
Rent a car, food.

Stand by your home(town) at least 3 month

SO / CADET PROGRAM Cost $12,750
includes your membership fee to HGC
You would need to support yourself for the three months in India whilst building your hours to the required 300, but accommodation is included.

So, everybody, to apply this program, you need to have at least $13,950+$12,750+$59~150x20days+Rent a car+food=minimum $30,000.

Is this expensive or reasonable to obtain jet job?

Riso
8th Nov 2007, 12:06
Well....having got 1000 hours TT this course wouldn`t be my selection for sure ...By the way Cathay Pacific takes SO with the same amount of flight time and you don`t have to pay for it ... it would make more sense for me if you only had to have the FAA CPL and the A320 TR...

Regards!

bigjetfly
14th Nov 2007, 22:43
Hello Friend

Actually i m looking for partner to get Faa types AIRBUS 320 close to janurary 2008 if some one interest please let me know or contact me
[email protected] for more information i have different possibility and prices very valuable by by and have a safe choice

Falcondriver9
13th Dec 2007, 03:31
I just wanted to give some update on the line training with Simcorp.
I was considering taking an A320 type with them, and then potentially go for the line training. Was told to contact HGC since they operate as an independent contractor who provides the line training with an Indian Carrier.
This is the response I received back from HGC:

Thank you for your email. Due to the numerous inquiries for A320 placements, we are not accepting any more SO or FO applicants at this time. Should you hold an A320 TR and have time on type, we are still looking for Captains, Instructors & eventually Examiners, in which case, please contact [email protected] (http://mail.hgcfly.com/cgi-bin/compose.exe?id=011c11302ad2274ed1ccc7e9375f2e27a31&new=&xsl=compose.xsl&[email protected]) directly with a full resume,
Additional information can be found on our website at http://www.hgcfly.com/
So be careful in choice of type rating provider if you're main incentive is to go for line training after the type...I always do a due diligence and I verify claims against facts to see the true picture. I have found that a few providers in the U.S use the line training as an incentive to get your business. Be cautious.:=

I am looking into some other organizations on an FAA type with potential line training. Not too excited about paying for line training, but will use it as a contingency if all else fails. If there is anyone who has done a FAA A320 type with/without line training successfully, please PM
me. Would like to hear your experience . Would also like to hear from guys who have done a JAR rating and your experience afterwards :)