PDA

View Full Version : Staff fuel surcharge cancelled?

geh065
1st May 2007, 07:39
According to a ground staff friend, the local union have told them that CX intends to cancel the fuel surcharge on staff tickets but (surprise surprise) that they will adjust the fares as a result.

Anyone heard anything?

404 Titan
1st May 2007, 08:00
Almost correct. Fuel surcharge will be 10% of full fuel surcharge on ID90(Zone) tickets, 50% on ID50 and 75% on ID75. FOC’s won’t attract any fuel surcharge and CX won’t be collecting any fuel surcharges on Oneworld/ZED tickets in future. According to the company because staff fares haven’t been adjusted since September 2001 the fares will now be adjusted in line with the ZED requirements, what ever that means and how much it will be who knows?

Another down side is that staff checked baggage limits will be in line with what the general public get, i.e. Y=20kg, B=30kg, and F=40kg.

All the details are on IntraCX.

Yeager
1st May 2007, 12:03
Thats sounds nice. All most too nice to be true :ok:
So I guess that means that CX are not going to be making as much money on their employees as they used too.. Strange kind of woman..
Maybe its because they are now getting an income from charging 5 bucks for the coffee at the sim level. Nothing comes for free.. :=

Lets go travelling now :)

treholer
1st May 2007, 12:06
Good news all around then. Surely by increasing the cost of staff travel they are acknowledging that there has been an increase in the cost of living. Hence Pay raises for all. Hoorah:ugh:

Corny
1st May 2007, 13:40
Fares will be adjusted...

Baggage restrictions... Y class 20kgs...

Still paying 10% of the fuel surcharge for my 16 month old who doesn't get a seat...

Doesn't seem like much to celebrate about to me.:ouch:

badairsucker
1st May 2007, 13:44
Fares to go up approx 11% for Y class and 15% for J class.

Don't you just love our company......:{

ALPHA FLOOR
2nd May 2007, 02:42
I think its disgraceful.

I have a child under the age of 12 and so I am not allowed to travel Business..... Our luggage allowance was for the 3 of us was 90KG and its now 50KG!

A CONSTANT ERROSION OF MY BENEFITS> thanks for nothing N.R - I guess it doesnt affect you in FIRST class up on the Peak?

Counting my days -----

AFL :ugh:

ACMS
2nd May 2007, 03:59
NEW FARE HKG-MEL-HKG:
HKG MEL 6 J HKD800 Adult x 1 HKG Security Service Charge HKD33 x 1
HKG Airport Passenger Departure Tax HKD120 x 1
MEL International Passenger Service Charge HKD71 x 1
HKG CX Fuel Surcharges HKD42 x 1
HKD1,066 (USD136)
MEL HKG 6 J HKD800 Adult x 1 MEL Passenger Movement Charge (PMC) HKD253 x 1
MEL Safety and Security Charge HKD21 x 1
HKD1,187 (USD151)
Total: HKD2,253 (USD287)
OLD FARE WAS: $2819
NEW FARE HKG-MEL-HKG Y CLASS:
HKG MEL 6 Y HKD360 Adult x 1 HKG Security Service Charge HKD33 x 1
HKG Airport Passenger Departure Tax HKD120 x 1
HKD626 (USD80)
MEL HKG 6 Y HKD330 Adult x 1 MEL Passenger Movement Charge (PMC) HKD253 x 1
MEL Safety and Security Charge HKD21 x 1
HKD717 (USD91)
Total: HKD1,343 (USD171)
OLD FARE WAS: $2059
So I think there is some improvement there, don't you?

Thanks to the HKAOA for pushing the Fuel surcharge point to Mr Chen, it obviously worked.

404 Titan
2nd May 2007, 05:05
ACMS

I have to agree with you. There is certainly some huffing and puffing going on here by some. I will agree though there are some things that still need to be improved but this is certainly a good start. The only hassle now though is convincing my wife she has to pack lighter. Not an easy feat.:uhoh: :ugh:

Strike Force
2nd May 2007, 05:57
Without any raises for 10 years, (more work for more pay isn't a raise), I think we should ask for a cost of living raise. What better to measure inflation than staff travel.

Cost to fly to your home port today divided by cost 10 years ago.

There we go NR. 100% for ALL !

Strike Force Out

Oneworld - one pay.

Night Watch
2nd May 2007, 06:54
ACMS

I agree.... This is an significant improvement. Hopefully not the last we see this year... CoS (pay) next.

Well done to the HKAOA and the CX Flight Attendants Union for pushing hard for this!

Night Watch
2nd May 2007, 07:51
Jizzmonkey

I guessing you are not in the AOA?? I have 2 letters in front of me from the President of the AOA to Mr Chen himself, detailing the unfair method of applying fuel surcharges on staff tickets.

404 Titan
2nd May 2007, 09:05
Night Watch

I actually have three letters in front of me sent by the AOA to Mr Chen and one to the HKCAD in the last 10 months alone. For Jizzmonkey to come on here and say the AOA didn’t push the issue clearly indicates to me as it does to you he doesn’t belong to the AOA. In which case I would like to ask him what has he done about it except huff and puff here?

jtr
2nd May 2007, 09:07
Now call me a cynic, but how long before CX drops the fuel surcharge a notch or two, at which point the savings go out the window.

For the record my HTP has seen a reduction of 0.7% based on current ticket prices however a hefty rise if/when fuel surcharges reduce.

ACMS
2nd May 2007, 09:19
Now call me a cynic, but how long before CX drops the fuel surcharge a notch or two, at which point the savings go out the window.
Now call me stupid, but if Cx "drops the fuel charge a notch or 2" wont that make it cheaper? or am I reading your post backwards?
At the moment they charge $84 return to MEL for J or Y class ( possibly a reasonable amount ), it would have to go up another $566 HKD to get back to the levels we were charged last week. That's about a 700% increase in Fuel surcharge ( did I do the maths right? ) If the maths is right I hardly think they could put the fuel surcharge up that much? could they?

BusyB
2nd May 2007, 11:22
JM,
I think you'll find nothing happened after the FAU complained or after the AOA spoke to the DFO. It was after the letters intimating a breach of contract and possible recourse to legal action that we've got a result..:ok:

Numero Crunchero
2nd May 2007, 19:14
OK jizzmonkey, I will rise to the bait...

What I can tell you from prior experience is that money was offered, payrise wise, before industrial pressure was brought to bear. Leave the aoa, if you are in it, as that will make things so much better for you. Things will be so much better when we argue individually against the company!

ACMS
3rd May 2007, 14:59
Yes so it appears and I thank the FAU as well.

It all helped.

See what a unified union group can achieve. If it hadn't been for pressure from the unions this would NOT have changed one bit.

So get your a**es into gear and join the union, no more complaining, just do it.