PDA

View Full Version : Strange keyboard behaviour

Two_dogs
1st May 2007, 01:46
G'day All,

My Microbloat keyboard has developed an interesting condition. The y key will work in lower case, but if Caps Lock is active nothing appears on the screen.

This is annoying as I have my own flight planning software that requires airport identifiers, most of course beginning with a Y. For ease of readability I like my idents in CAPS.

I need to switch to lower case text, shift Y, caps lock on, and type the rest of the identifier, each time I enter a new waypoint, or hold the shift button while entering all idents.

Trivial I know, but the y key must be OK as it works in lower case, why would it not work if CAPS LOCK is on?

Maybe I just do too much planning and have worn out the y key, time for a new keyboard.

Regards,
Two Dogs

vapilot2004
1st May 2007, 08:17
I am not sure if this will help, but here goes:
Try opening MS Word or Notepad and typing there. If the y still refuses to become an uppercase y - there may be an unlikely problem with your keyboard.

Beware of the sticky keys, a Microsoft invention to assist those that may need keyboard help. At times the MS solution can devolve a perfectly good keyboard/PC interface.

Good Luck!