View Full Version : Share sim prep in the US in June?

Chuychanga
30th Apr 2007, 21:13
I've got a 2nd interview at the end of June. I've been told to seek out Graham at Emerald Coast because he's the most familiar with Cathay profiles and expectations. I just got off the phone with Emerald Coast. Their MSP sim is no longer available, but they have one in Miami. It's a -200, same as the interview.

I'm looking to share a 2 hour block sometime in mid-to-late June. The price is $950 for the two hour block regardless of whether it's just me alone or two of us. So if anyone is interested in sharing a block for $500 each let me know.

I'll be scheduling it in the next couple of weeks once I get my line for June. My interview is for DEFO, but it sounds like the SO sim ride is almost identical. So I'd be more than happy to share with either.

I'mbatman
1st May 2007, 00:38
Call Aeroservice in Miami yourself. It is $750 for two hours with their instructor. You will have a packet that has all the info you need i.e. profiles, flap settings, etc for your CX interview sim ride so save $200 and go without 'graham'.

I did this back in October. They only was you would be out of luck is if Emerald signed an agreement to do CX simprep with aeroservice. In that case, don't tell them its for CX.

Good luck

Chuychanga
1st May 2007, 02:01
Thanks, I'll check on it.

druglord
1st May 2007, 10:50
chuy,
hey i might be interested in sharing some, i'd probably want to do a PF session in there as well. perhaps we could schedule it on the same day. I'm going to have to pull some bunnies out of a hat to get time off for the interview, so trying to get a certain day for sim might be tricky too. but PM me anyway, i'll send back some info.

wolferj
3rd May 2007, 11:25
I have dates around the same time. If anyone wants to share PM me.

PS bunnies, for time off??
I have to make Houdini look like an amateur to get time off.....

Rainbird
3rd May 2007, 20:59
Cautionary tale.. don't be like me.. if you've been flying only glass for 4+ years go get an hour or so in a frasca to get your scan on the road to recovery before you waste your time trying to get it back in a $500/hr 747 sim... :(

thepotato232
4th May 2007, 05:22
Seconded. I've sat right seat support in -200 sims, and there are few things funnier than watching an RJ pilot/glass cripple muddle his way through a real instrument scan while trying to get used to the idea of four throttles. I'm entirely serious when I say I've seen students going for their IR do better flying. You don't need to spend that kind of money just to find out you can't fly steam gauges worth a damn anymore. Even if you think you've still got it, take some time elsewhere. Otherwise your scan will finally come back to you just around the time your big, expensive sim rental runs out.

rjmore
4th May 2007, 06:50
I did my prep with Emerald Coast and the famous Graham. They don't use the Aeroservice sim, at least not for me. The sim is owned by Atlas and in the Pan Am building. It was an excellent experience and well worth the money. He has sent several people through and was an instructor with NWA before leaving there. They also gave us a lot of extras and inside info that CX did not send as well as lots of good tips.

Wherever you go, it is worth it for the peace of mind that the sim in HKG won't be your first time to grab a handful of throttles. I highly recommend E.C., just my $0.02.

Chuychanga
5th May 2007, 01:26
Druglord and Wolferj, I got pm's from both of you. I get my June schedule on the 9th of May. Once I'll see how it looks I'll get back with both of you and we'll see who can do which dates. If my dates don't work for either of you then maybe you two can hook up.

Good point about the steam gauges. I haven't even thought about that in years. I guess I should get on it.

chrisk99
10th May 2007, 01:17
Hi all,

I have my Hong Kong interview in late June (28-29). I'll be looking into the 747-200 sim prep (in MIA?) as well. When the music stops, if anyone is left out maybe we could partner up.

I do not get my June schedule until the 21st, but if only a certain date is available, I'll do what is necessary.

I haven't figured out PMs yet, but if someone wants to contact me about it, i'll check back soon.

Chris

Chuychanga
18th May 2007, 15:50
Okay everybody, I just got off the phone with Emerald Coast. They are passing my email onto their instructor, who is supposed to email me in the next 48 hours so we can get it scheduled. I am tenatively looking at June 16, 17, 18, or 22 in Miami. Once I figure out when the insructor is available I'm going to pick one of those dates (hopefully) and I'll post it here to if anyone wants to join me and split the price.

Chuychanga
24th May 2007, 18:27
I now have a two hour block of 747-200 sim time scheduled on June 17 from 10pm to midnight in Miami.

PM me if you are interested in splitting the block.