PDA

View Full Version : Fractional Ownership

Cathar
2nd Dec 2001, 14:56
I was interested in the recent threads on fractional ownership companies. I understand that in the US fractional ownership companies do not require an Air Operator Certificates (or whatever the US equivelent is). However, in a number of European countries fractional ownership comes within the legal definition of commercial air tranport/public transport. Does this cause any problems?

:confused:

pilot dude
3rd Dec 2001, 12:55
The way i Understand it not yet, but in the future Fractional ownership will be covered by JAR-OPS 3, which i not the same but close to JAR-OPS 1 (AOC- OPS)

PD

machone
3rd Dec 2001, 19:30
There are several questions that have not yet been answered to the legalities of fractional ownwership. If an AOC is used the customers have some safeguards as do flight crew but that costs. Pilots working for a company without an AOC have to watch due changes to the law with regard to Valuable consideration.
Anyway JAR OPS 3 is likely to be a long way off, JAR OPS 1 has still got problems FTL for one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stratocaster
15th Feb 2002, 18:13
JAR-OPS 3 only talks about helicopters, me thinks !

Any update on this ?

LGW Vulture
15th Feb 2002, 19:06
Only in the sense that Frax ownership in Europe means extra cost, in order to cover costs of AOC.