PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Jobs Emirates

jetflite
29th Apr 2007, 02:38
Hey all,
Does anyone have any information on aviation related job's in UAE, local companies to contact etc? SAR ? Tourism ? etc?

Pilot Jobs, Rotary OR Fixed-Wing ? ? I'd even consider starting as crew/ground crew just to get some cash flow while looking for a flying job.

And whats required on converting an Australian CPL(H) and CPL(A) to a UAE licence?

Despirately need any information from anyone who can help.... as i shall be moving there very soon.

Thanks in Advance.

:ok:

Ramboflyer 1
29th Apr 2007, 02:42
You are nuts, stay in Aus, there seems to be an unlimited supply of helicopter jobs.

jetflite
29th Apr 2007, 15:36
my partner is in Dubai, gotta sacrifice something to get over there.....

sand-snow-ATCO
29th Apr 2007, 17:50
Jetflite,

There are a couple of companies you can get a hold of. Not quite sure what pay etc. like, most likely not all that great but definately worth while finding out. Try some of the following.

- Aerogulf (www.aerogulfservices.com (http://www.aerogulfservices.com)) - Helis

- Emirates Flying School (Tel: +971-4-2995155 or www.emiratesaviationservices.com (http://www.emiratesaviationservices.com)) - ask for Hiroshi (Chief Flight Instr.), he can give you more info on transfering licenses and possible open jobs etc.

- Falcon Express Cargo (Tel: +971-4-282 6886 or www.feca.biz (http://www.feca.biz))

There are also a number of Airlines that operate out of Dubai that could be of interest.

- Kish Air (Fokker 50s, MD-80s and T-154)
-Asseman Airlines (Fokker 100s, B727s, ATR 72s)
-Aria (F50s)
-Emirates Airlines (...of course)
-Jazeera Airlines (A320s low cost carrier)

That's about it. There are of course numerous Privat Jet operators e.g. Elite Dubai, Jet Aviation or Execujet.

Maybe just send CVs around and see what sort of responce you get. If you have any further questions, PR me and I'll give you my contact details.

Hope that helps a bit.

(by the way - not everything is Gold that shines... just a bit of a heads up about the Middle East)...

Good luck!

Raptor8
30th Apr 2007, 00:05
Does anyone have any information on aviation related job's in UAE, local companies to contact etc? SAR ? Tourism ? etc?
Pilot Jobs, Rotary OR Fixed-Wing ? ? I'd even consider starting as crew/ground crew just to get some cash flow while looking for a flying job. And whats required on converting an Australian CPL(H) and CPL(A) to a UAE licence?
Despirately need any information from anyone who can help.... as i shall be moving there very soon.

Hi there Jetflite,

Converting

a) You will have you ensure that your license and medical is valid.
b) Join any of the following academy/school/aeroclub.
i. Horizon Academy (Helicopter / Fixed Wing) Al Ain International Airport
ii. Emirates Flying School (Fixed Wing) Dubai International Airport
iii. Fujeirah Aviation Academy (Fixed Wing) Fujeirah International Airport
iv. Umm Al Quwain Aeroclub (Fixed Wing) Umm Al Quwain Airfield
They should be able to help you prepare for the airlaw examination mentioned in (C)
c) For a CPL (A) / CPL (H) you will have to sit the UAE GCAA Professional Flight Crew AirLaw Examination. You can refer to the UAE GCAA website www.gcaa.ae (http://www.gcaa.ae) . Follow this link http://www.gcaa.ae/Admin/Content/File/InfBulln%2006-11%20PROFESSIONAL%20AIR%20LAW%20EXAMINATION.pdf
This will help you see what you would need to study to pass this exam. It has been known to be quite difficult
d) Once you sucessfully pass this exam you can start flying to get into proficiency. The number of flights that you do depend on individual flight school/academy/aeroclub procedures as well as your proficiency on types. During this training you will be evaluated to ensure you are ready for an Operational Proficiency Check which will be the basis for the conversion of your foreign license. (The flights that you do will also be used to ensure compliance with the UAE Licensing requirements for the particular license sought)
e) After sucessfully passing the conversion flight check (as in d above). Your documents will be sent to the UAE GCAA for license issue. It will cost 1460 Dhs for the license issue.
This process of license issue has been known to last one month
f) The costs for the flights above vary according to the different places you go to.

Jobs in Aviation

Dubai is a nice place to fly, however the biggest factor in finding a job would be to make sure you have the minimum time / type ratings for the various companies in and around town.
How much time and on what types are you rated on.

Have a look at the websites of the following airlines

Emirates Airlines
Air Arabia
Etihad Airways
Elitejets
Eastern Skyjets
Falcon Express Cargo Airlines

See if you meet their minimum requirements and you are on your way......

Hope that all this information helps you in your future travels to Dubai / United Arab Emirates.

Fly safe !
Raptor8

jetflite
1st May 2007, 00:18
Raptor 8 & Sand-Snow-atco,
Thank you greatly for your reply's, this information is extremely valuable
to me and has made things a little more black and white in getting the answers from the various schools/authorities.
It looks like i shall be heading over and intitally working a "normal" job while i do my conversions and wait for my licence, then once all that is in my hand, i shall look into a few operators. Aerogulf seem to be the way to go for Heli & Falcon Express Cargo seem to be my Fixed-wing option.
I phoned the "emirates flying school" and they were extremely helpful,
athough the instructor there said they have about a 300 LONG WAITING LIST!!!!!!!! and aren't taking any admissions... In Australia a waiting list like that is unheard of, thats crazy.
Once i get there.... i'm making a point of visiting all these places face to face.... there's only so much you can do over the phone. Thank you both for your information, it has helped greatly.
Cheers,
Jetflite.
i shall keep you updated.:ok:

Raptor8
1st May 2007, 10:14
Hi there Jetflite

I am trying to send you a PM regarding more information. It says that your PM quota has been exceeded and you need to clear it up.

Bye for now.

Raptor8

Coastrider26
1st May 2007, 10:35
Kish Air (Fokker 50s, MD-80s and T-154) is an Iranian arline local only
-Asseman Airlines (Fokker 100s, B727s, ATR 72s) as above but must be fitting Iranian government ideas
-Aria (F50s)
-Emirates Airlines (...of course)
-Jazeera Airlines (A320s low cost carrier) Out of KWI not DXB and those are not the same "lifestyle"

Funk
1st May 2007, 10:40
Jazeera just started their DXB base March this year.

jetflite
3rd May 2007, 00:49
Raptor 8 - my pm's have been cleared.....send away!!!!!

Here's some info for thos who didn't already know.

I contacted the school about gaining conversions. They state that you can't convert any CPL to a UAE CPL unless you have a job (sponsor) in a Pilot role. You can only convert to PPL with out a job.

Although they can all do conversions... as always the language barrier proved hard to get decent information.

Gulf Helicopters require - 500 hours and IR rating for Co-Pilot off shore.
Aerogulf - 1000 hours and IR rating for coey off shore.
Falcon Express Cargo - min 300 hours M/E time.
Alot of the other airlines just require type time...

After doing a lot of web-hunting... i noticed there are no "Scenic" flight operations in dubai?? would it be worth pursuing setting something like this up?? any info on local law about ex-pats doing this??

dxbpilot
3rd May 2007, 15:28
I can see where you are going with this and it may sound like a good idea but if you do not know the right people in the UAE I would forget setting up your own business of any description.

Don't get me wrong many people have made alot of money starting companys in the gulf but if you are not used to the culture/business of the gulf you will be taken for everything you have !

code one
4th May 2007, 22:26
Hey Jefflite...

Do send your resume to AbuDhabi Aviation which operates one of the biggest Bell Helicopter fleets in the MiddleEast.

Based in emirates of AbuDhabi (1 hour away from Dubai), AbuDhabi Aviation or ADA has more than 35 choppers. You can get more info on www.adaviation.com (http://www.adaviation.com) ... They are always looking for flight crew with good time and prefrebaly type rated on bell 206/212/412

Expat Salary package is quite decent w with 2 months on and 1 month off. ;) Lotsss of crew from down-under......:)

Best of Luck mate :ok:

sispanys ria
30th Jun 2008, 08:33
Hi there,
I would like to know if there is a chance to fly in UAE with a JAR CPL frozen ATPL A320 TR, 3000 TT (turboprops but no jet experience).
Thank you for the info.

Helicopterios
16th May 2012, 17:40
AD Aviation has called it a day unfortunately