PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon in the Telegraph

Navaleye
29th Apr 2007, 00:18
For those that have not seen it yet... here (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/29/ntyphoon29.xml)

Two's in
29th Apr 2007, 01:21
Some real backhanded compliments here - 66 Million quid a copy for a plane to shoot down hijacked airliners or CAS missions - both roles using a weapon that the DPA saw fit not to fit, so we get to pay again for that. Wouldn't a couple a Hawks do a better job of that? Hardly a compelling endorsement of "smart procurement" is it. Still, Putin's getting all uppity again, so maybe it will get to shoot down all those Migs over the North Sea after all.

henry crun
29th Apr 2007, 03:17
A Group Captain O/C a squadron, how long has that been the norm ?

A2QFI
29th Apr 2007, 06:05
Henry, I think it possible that Grp Capt Mackay has been promoted and is awaiting posting. The Staish is Stu Atha, a top man, ex Harriers.

Pontius Navigator
29th Apr 2007, 07:18
And why Adam Lusher?

Could it be that one Thomas Harding is not as much in favour.

6Z3
29th Apr 2007, 07:30
a top man, ex Harriers
Now there's an oxymoron if ever I heard one!

Safeware
29th Apr 2007, 11:28
Had to laugh at Mike Turner's"Typhoon will cost the UK taxpayer nothing,"

So, by that logic, if we didn't have Typhoon, we'd have a huge budget hole?

sw

dallas
29th Apr 2007, 13:10
...CAS missions
I know he spent a couple of weeks getting spammed-up, but that's ridiculous!

PPRuNeUser0211
29th Apr 2007, 15:50
Safeware,

Think the point is that if we weren't buying typhoon, we wouldn't have the workshare and therefore wouldn't get the tax revenue we get from it, which is equal or greater than the amount being spent on it....

Safeware
29th Apr 2007, 17:01
pba,

I know what he was trying to get at. Just think that it is a bit rediculous to claim it will cost "nothing", like we should be so bloody grateful.

sw

Confucius
29th Apr 2007, 17:47
If it costs nothing why limit procurement to a couple of hundred*? Lets buy several thousand of the things.

* whatever, it doesn't matter before all you pedantic t****, you know who you are, get yer knickers in a twist