PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete or get rid of names

kissmysquirrel
28th Apr 2007, 09:19
I'm talking about when you click a tab on the side of a username and a list of the possible ones comes up, ie all your email addresses or usernames you presently use. I just don't want anyone else to be able to click the tab and then use one of my usernames.

Anyone help?

cheers

BOAC
28th Apr 2007, 10:35
??? It would help if you told us where you are looking/clicking/which web site etc!!:confused:

Whirlygig
28th Apr 2007, 12:44
Do you mean all the autofill options which come up i.e. when you type something into the google search box and it comes up with all the other things you've ever typed into Google?

Similarly for email addresses (like on the govermint's e-petitions site) where it comes up with all the email addresses I've ever had on this PC.

If that's what is meant, then I wouldn't mind knowing howing to clear all or some of them off!

Cheers

Whirls

Tocsin
28th Apr 2007, 13:11
Highlight - but don't click on - the entry you don't want, then just press the delete key. Job done!

rugmuncher
29th Apr 2007, 19:55
Download and run CrapCleaner !

bnt
29th Apr 2007, 20:15
Those auto-fill options are unique to your account, so "one person, one account" is the real way to go. Failing that, CrapCleaner is now known as CCleaner. Might be a bit drastic e.g. it can delete all cookies, stored passwords, etc.

Fluffy Bunny
29th Apr 2007, 22:32
With internet explorer (ver 5 onwards) go to;

Tools>Internet Options>Content>Auto Complete settings.

Check/Uncheck the boxes that you want auto complete to work with and OK

To clear the auto complete history;

Tools>Internet Options>General>Browsing History

Click delete and (in IE7) this will give you the option to delete various stored browser related files, such as cookies, history, auto complete values etc etc.

kissmysquirrel
29th Apr 2007, 23:54
thanks for that. will try it out.