PDA

View Full Version : Star Alliance 'Transit' at MAN

MyData
28th Apr 2007, 05:44
A query for all you experienced types on here. I'd prefer to post here first rather than call the call centres and go around in circles trying to explain my situation.

In a few weeks I will be returning from holiday. BKK->FRA->MAN on Lufthansa (Star Alliance)

Late last week I found that I'll probably be required to be in Las Vegas for work on my first day back. Which means travelling out there on the same day I return from BKK.

Ignoring the madness of following a 15hr journey with one of 13hrs...

My flight arrives in MAN at 0840 local time. There is an outbound BMI (Star Alliance) flight to ORD->LAS departing at 1100 local.

Q1. Is 02h20m sufficient time at MAN to unload from the LH flight, pick up laptop + work clothes from car, and get across the terminals, check in, security, and away? My personal view is NO, although I could check in at FRA on-line, have a friend waiting at MAN to hand me my work stuff and take my holiday cases :ok: , and then just do a bag drop at MAN and back through to the gate.

Q2. The fact that I'm arriving on LH and departing on BMI (both Star Alliance) - will that hold any water in trying to get me through MAN asap? Again, my thoughts are NO as I'll have to arrive and enter the UK via control and then go back through control to board the BMI flight. There will be no opportunity to remain airside as I need to collect my laptop etc.

In summary, I guess I'm looking to make a continuous journey of BKK->FRA->MAN->ORD->LAS, but on two different tickets with the break in MAN. FWIW, the Star Alliance route from FRA is via MAN on the flights I expect to be on - I guess that is timed OK as there isn't any contingency to exit and re-enter the airport.

lexxity
29th Apr 2007, 19:02
Hi there,

I would certainly look at this as a viable option. See if you can get LH to check you through onto the bmi flight or at the least check your bags through, that way you can come through the transfer facility. Do you desperately need what is in your car or can you take it with you on holiday? A pain I know, but it would speed you up.

You can't do online check in with bmi longhaul, so that option would be no good to you.

LH are in T1 and bmi in T3, so the actual walk is very short between terminals.

PM me if you need any other questions answered WRT bmi or MAN.

Lexx.

121club
7th May 2007, 15:30
Providing you have the onward MAN ORD/LAS tix at BKK they could thru-ck you. If, as I suspect, you might p/up the MANORD/LAS tix at MAN they won't check you baggage through and you will have to reclaim in T1. Even then 2hrs 20min should be ok . Don't forget the massive security queues ex T3 ! Good luck!:ok: