PDA

View Full Version : it could happen to you...

OnTheStep
16th Nov 2001, 11:52
flying a bizjet charter on a sunny day from the bahamas to some snowy country up north, you land and instead of the usuall customs greeting you, you're met with a federal police unit who puts guns to your heads and slap the cuffs on you after you open the door. then they open up the bags of your sole passenger and, to your dismay and utter shock, pull out three kilos of cocaine and slap a conspiracy to traffic on everyone on the plane (ie-crew which happens to include the owner of the company) and you're thrown in jail to await a bail hearing that's been cancelled twice. all the while the company's transactions are frozen, the plane is impounded and families are left in upheaval.

everyone's worst nightmare and my dear friend is living it. do yourself a favour and check those freakin' bags.

Airking
16th Nov 2001, 13:05
ots,
I think that police has to consider that we´re alike taxydrivers - we (at least in germany) have no right whatsoever to search someones bags. For this, we have security control forces, in germany called Bundesgrenzschutz. Now, if you land or depart from a small "remote" airport, you´d hardly see one of them, so one could end up with the same problem. Me thinks, someone told the cops, that there is a planeload cocaine on the way. If the pilots are not involved, the background of this flight could have been checked BEFORE taking action against the pilots. Maybe the situation in N.america is just heated up by sep11th events?
Over here, it certainly is, the aircrews are searched trough much more stringent than pax, just for example.

OnTheStep
16th Nov 2001, 19:23
in this case, the police were tipped off and i think they're looking to make an example.

mutt
16th Nov 2001, 20:54
Happened to one of our crews in Paris, Police arrested them on the grounds that they had flown into Paris the preceding week just before a major drugs haul.

They got released when they proved that you couldn’t load 4,000 kgs of coke into a G4.

Mutt