PDA

View Full Version : QR - Doha Stopover!

crazy_pilot
27th Apr 2007, 17:18
Guys
Mrs and kids are flying back home to Rome during the summer hols and we are going with QR to FCO and returning from LHR with same ticket price.
Went to the local travel agent who advised us that you might have to make your own hotel arrangements for the transit, which is I believe over 14 hours.
Last year we did the same and QR provided us with the Hotel? Not sure what’s changed and why?
I do recall reading somewhere that if the transit journey is over certain hours then it’s the airlines responsibility to provide you accommodation during your stay?
Have i missed something here or QR/travel agent playing tricks here?
Could you please advise me what are my options as Mrs is travelling with kids and i just want to ensure that they don’t get messed about at Doha...
cheers

crazy_pilot
28th Apr 2007, 15:24
200+ views and not a single response, guys & gals, have asked the wrong question? :confused:

A300Man
28th Apr 2007, 15:41
Hi,

What is the point of origin, which necessitates such a lengthy stopover in Doha? If there is a later departure from your original point of origin which would provide a shorter connection time with the outbound from DOH to FCO, then the airline is not liable for hotel accommodation if your party has elected to take an earlier flight.

Also, was the booking made with a Travel Agent, or with the airline directly? If it's the former, then perhaps they have forgotte to update the booking details with accommodation request?

Finally, what is the booking class that appears on your family's tickets? Is it sub-load or ID fare bookings?

Thanks,

A300Man

crazy_pilot
28th Apr 2007, 16:30
A300Man
thanks mate, much apprecaited...
point of origin is RUH and it certainly necessitates such a lengthy stopover in Doha, there is only one flight out to FCO so we dont have an option.
the booking is done via agent, same gaent we used last year...
Tickets haven't been issued so cannot confirm the class that would appear on the tickets...
Trust above helps to narrow the answer!
once again many thanks for ur response...
cheers

A300Man
29th Apr 2007, 10:34
Well, on the basis of what you've told me, you should be entitled to accommodation provided by the airline, UNLESS they have changed the rules lately meaning that the provision is only due for long haul to another long haul.

Since RUH is intra Gulf and only a stone's throw from Doha, it is probably now viewed as a long connection.

The QR office in RUH is probably the best place to get the new rules "straight from the horses mouth", so to speak.

Good luck.

crazy_pilot
29th Apr 2007, 20:08
thanks mate, i agree best to get straight from the horses mouth, having said that are the airlines are allowed to change that rule? I thought it was IATA who decide on these issues?