PDA

View Full Version : Air West Coast (NZ) Dornier 228

troppo
27th Apr 2007, 06:29
Noticed on Trademe that they are looking for an Ops Manager.
Interesting to see a 228 back in NZ skies after 15 (?) years since Rex had them.
Wish them well, they must have a niche market in mind.

Skystar320
27th Apr 2007, 06:48
There was something on the board a while ago, about D228 infomation about a new airline company.

Looks like they made it :D :D :D

Got the horn
27th Apr 2007, 07:23
Aren't they a sect of the Bretheren?

muttly's pigeon
27th Apr 2007, 08:19
Run by / financed by a religious group in the hills of the West Coast. Dont think money is a problem for them and I havnt seen inside but am lead to believe a few $$$$ were spent on getting it up an running. Looks shiny anyway!
Runs Greymouth - Westport - Welly. Forget the details but I think the runways to short (or some performance issue) for Air NZ Link to have ever gone in there (Greymouth).
Being the biggest town on the coast I would say they have themselves a little niche, just a shame the a/c isint pressurised.

Got the horn
27th Apr 2007, 09:54
Know some people who have flown for Air Wet Coat. Sounds like a typical GA joint but got to watch your p's and q's. The Dornier would be a lot of fun to pole around. The reason it was no good for Ad Astral (??) about a decade ago was because it's un-pressurised I believe. Horny looking machine though.

myturn
27th Apr 2007, 23:35
Totally wrong machine to be flying over the Alps in on a regular basis but then again what else could op Greymouth?

A185F
29th Apr 2007, 06:41
Hardly the the toughest part of the alps... Better than the chieftain

Sqwark2000
29th Apr 2007, 10:45
Forget the details but I think the runways to short (or some performance issue) for Air NZ Link to have ever gone in there (Greymouth).

I think til recently there was no IFR approach into Greymouth, being a lack of NDB/VOR. GPS Approach a recent addition.

Air West Coast I believe used to IFR it to Westport then VFR it down the coast to Greymouth, not a flash practice at night and/or in the ****e weather.

A185F
29th Apr 2007, 21:21
And i guess thats why there's a gps approach into gm, that 228 is fully equiped