PDA

View Full Version : Who's hiring Street Captains for Boeing products?

Lear70
27th Apr 2007, 03:02
B727 (not likely), B737, B757/767

My dad is recently retired USAirways, took 6 months to relax and hates it, wants to fly again, and was looking to see who might be hiring direct-entry CA's with experience in type?

I've tried sorting through, but no good sources of information with specifics on schedules, pay, etc.

Can someone throw me a bone, please? :)

Thanks,

Nevrekar
27th Apr 2007, 12:12
India is an option if he does not mind leaving the US for 10 weeks at a time.
B737NG Direct entry Capts are needed by SpiceJet & JetAirways. Go to any of the contract agency websites (Aeropersonnel, Parc, Rishworth, Directpersonnel).
Pay for the NG line Capt will be around $8500/month based on 80hrs plus around 110/hr over that. Accomodations are paid for. Expect to work 5 days a week. Need to have B737type and 500 PIC in type (NG series--not B-737-200). Many age 60+ guys in India. Spicejet Chief Pilot is an American, former CP/DO at Southwest and former Blue Angel #5. He is past age 60 as well. They have DAL. CAL, Suncountry and AirTran guys there. Chief.pilot @spicejet.com.

Emirates and others will hire DEC (Direct entry Capts) for the B777 and A-330/340 even if you dont have time in the aircraft. Just need to have lots of PIC time and prefer Intl experience. Not sure of age 60 though.

Good luck

b747godfather
27th Apr 2007, 13:08
try VIVA MACAU looking for type rated 767 pilots..

you can also try Korean for 737 type rated pilots thru CCL aviation...asiana also hiring 767 pilots..

Singapore Airlines Cargo do transition courses for the b744

good luck

jumpdrive
27th Apr 2007, 14:03
1st check the age limit
if hes retired.....well hummm
but any way try

malaysia
india
japan or
china
www.pilotpointer.com

Lear70
27th Apr 2007, 17:01
Thanks to all for the responses, I'll point him those directions.

A little more info:

He just turned 60 last October.

He has plenty of 737-200/300/400 PIC time (around 10,000 hours) but no NG time.

He also has about 5,000 command hours 757/767 with international experience.

He doesn't care about being out of the states for months at a time, as long as they have some decent lodging for him, the wife, and the kid where he won't get shot at, raped, or pillaged (he has a 5 year old... yes, I'm 35 and have a 5 year old little brother - long story).

Which of those airlines mentioned above is on the "avoid" list for the family requirements and age restrictions?

Thanks for helping me not have to spend 5 hours doing homework. He can send a resume or respond to an email, but web research is DEFINITELY not his forte'. :D

jumpdrive
27th Apr 2007, 19:50
im not sure but i think the age limit is now 65 again, not sure
regarding the 737 time,
he can apply in sahara which was bought by JetAirways,
i think theyll give him the transition to the NG
the have theyre own simulator
the other one is BlueDart, a cargo company with 737-200, they also have 757
then again im not quite sure that the packages aer as much atractive
as the pax airlines, dont realy think so, and never met an expat in BD

& regading your last statement.........
man, India its a much much more safer place than many other countries, in terms of how many people get killed or raped as you say
i have gone out with my wife & 1 year old son, taxi, tuk tuk, or even walking
and never, never felt unsafe or threatened in anyway
since 2004 ive only known 1 girl being raped, and NOT a single person killed by a weapon or firearm, not even the police carry guns, they go walking on sticks, the main problem go on on the border with pakistan, and thats way out north,
theres no columbine or virginia tech stuff like that here

& all the airlines are pretty much the same
based in mumbay, delhi, bangalore, etc,
they all provide hotel........................good ones!
transport to & from work
and if they take you out of the hotel
they give you a housing allowance, normally between $1,2OO & $1,7OO
depending on the airline & sometimes the city

and tell your dad to go the web pages of each airline & send a email to all the HR guys, or give em a call, (india is UTC + 5:3O)
most likely they will reply

Lear70
28th Apr 2007, 03:18
As far as safety goes I was referring more to the American expats going to Emirates being based in Dubai.

He's looked into a bunch of stuff, thanks for the links.... :)

AAIGUY
28th Apr 2007, 13:59
Viva Macau sounds perfect for him..

DFO and CP are both EX.Northwest Airlines.

Lear70
28th Apr 2007, 16:22
Off their website: "Must be under 58 years of age".

Does anyone know if they ever waive that?

useless
28th Apr 2007, 17:27
Macau age limit still 60.

NGFellow
29th Apr 2007, 10:28
India might be a good bet for him. Only problem is that he will be working 6 days on 1 off at Jetairways. Fly 100 hrs a month, not much time for the wife and kid. I am told Spicejet has much better quality of life, but they won't consider anyone without NG time.

kg737
10th Nov 2007, 11:21
Lately at Spicejet, we have had Capts. join from having NEVER flown a 737 but other Boeing variants.
The age 65 thing might still be up in the air. That is why, some Expats have gone to Australia or Canada n gotten their FAA ATPs converted n Typed there, and are now RE-eligible for the AGE 65 rule.

Im sure Spicejet will take a non NG guy provided other criteria (im not really sure what the HR/Operations policies are) are met.

Best would be to send an email to the Chief Pilot or HR or EVP.

Cheers...

organic3
11th Nov 2007, 02:41
wow, your dads a homeless captain. sad

if your daddy cant apply for his own job, then maybe he should stay retired???

Slasher
11th Nov 2007, 03:34
Lear 70 I know its none of me business but are you sure his reasons for un-retirin are not entirley financial? I mean a 5yo kid, maybe a young wife (you older than your mom?) ;)

A few old cogers I know joined Flight Safety to get back in the industry and be well paid too. Bein Stateside puts your old man at 1st base. No flying and lots of sim but the $$ are good and lots of OS work and hes in the industry again.

Just a sugestion.

Slash

Lear70
11th Nov 2007, 13:21
wow, your dads a homeless captain. sad
if your daddy cant apply for his own job, then maybe he should stay retired???
Wow... Are you sure you're a pilot? I only ask because reading comprehension skills are usually a prerequisite, and you completely misunderstood what was written.

I said he'd want a place where lodging would be paid for him, his wife, and my little brother. Not because they're homeless, but because they'd want to go with him so they get to see him regularly, as most of the over-60 expat flying opportunities don't provide for very much time off (8-9 days off a month isn't enough to commute home regularly half the globe away).

So, thanks for your "help". (Hint... that's sarcasm. Just making sure you don't misunderstand that, too). :ugh:

Slash, that's what I think he's going to do. He just wanted to fly more than work sims... He was doing some part-time work instructing the 757 down in South America and really enjoyed it, but that contract only lasted a few months and I can't blame him for not wanting to retire just because of age... I'd hate being forced out if I wasn't ready to stop flying, either.

It is somewhat financial-based as well. USAirways gutted their pilot's retirement and what he gets pays the bills, but not much more than that. :*

And yes, my stepmother is older than me by about a year. :E