PDA

View Full Version : Class of travel "null"

brockenspectre
26th Apr 2007, 22:23
I was just browsing on the BA website for flights from LGW to MLA (Malta) and had selected a Business/Club seat choice for my preferred dates.

When the flights available screen loaded it had the different days/prices and then on the far right under the heading "Class of Travel" had the response "null". What does this mean?

Also ... it seems the flight is operated by Excel Airways for GB Airways for BA ... so how do I find what an Excel Airways business cabin offers?

Thanks in advance for replies!

fyrefli
27th Apr 2007, 19:47
When the flights available screen loaded it had the different days/prices and then on the far right under the heading "Class of Travel" had the response "null". What does this mean?

It means whoever wrote the System Specification didn't think of everything (you're lucky if they think of anything a lot of the time) but the Programmers at least thought to handle Null database fields ;)

brockenspectre
27th Apr 2007, 21:01
fyrefli - oh really? a HTML glitch? pooh!! If I am gonna buy a Club World/Europe BA fare then if the service is being operating by a sub-charter of a sub-charter then where do I find what I am getting? Usually, if I get on a BA aircraft, whatever cabin I am flying in, I know what to expect. I have browsed the Excel website and its operation appears to be a "free-for-all no-seat-allocation" affair. I want to buy the BA experience (I now have a movement disorder and love the way BA gets me to/from the USA every time!) so was wondering about the "null".

Guess I should just call the Exec Club and ask eh?

fyrefli
27th Apr 2007, 21:15
Blimey, mate - you asked what Null meant and I told you what I thought in all likelihood it meant, i.e. a Null database field (that's not the same as as an empty "string", in case you were wondering, which is why you don't just see nothing :) ).

Don't blow a gasket! (Well, not at me, anyway ;) )

13Alpha
27th Apr 2007, 22:03
In the first few days of BA Cityflyer's life, attempts to book EDI-LCY flights on the BA website showed the operator to be "China Northern Airlines". :8

brockenspectre
27th Apr 2007, 22:16
fyrefli - didn't mean to sound as if a gasket was being blown in your general direction mate!!! I just want to know what I am going to get if I book under these conditions :ok:

fyrefli
28th Apr 2007, 08:37
Hey, no worries :)

Bluejay
28th Apr 2007, 08:39
Chances are it is 'null' if as you say it has been sub chartered, then the likelyhood is that GB or BA don't have the necessary seat plans etc in the check-in system - this is actually quite common as GB tend to use sub chartered aircraft a fair bit.

eastern wiseguy
29th Apr 2007, 03:39
Try this...but it doesn't look promising:eek: http://www.xl.com/Customer_Info/Seating_Short.asp