PDA

View Full Version : TOLL Airfreight

propnut
26th Apr 2007, 22:09
One of TOLL's B737Fs arrived at the old Ansett hangar (John Holland's after May 10).

That makes 2 companies that think they can replace the B727s with better freighters to/from PH.

Let's see how much they move.

727ace
27th Apr 2007, 06:56
believe first one registered ZK-TLA and will start doing the ph run next week subject to headwinds:ugh: think those 3 holers will laugh when they pass it returning to adl due weather and wind, what have these two companies have against the 727 which is best suited to this run for cost per kg and the ability to uplift and carry fuel and no excessive lease costs!!! AND best of all they are currently operating in this country. Heard on the grapevine that one of the retired 727's VH-TXH is destined for the scrap yard soon as well as VH-VLF, what fools at AAE came to this decision := anyway time will prove what mistake is being made

BAE146
27th Apr 2007, 07:29
.......what fools at AAE came to this decision

that should read ......... "what fools at Qantas came to this decision":p

muttly's pigeon
27th Apr 2007, 08:51
The 727, a true product of the US: Loud, smokey, fast..... I WANT ONE :ok: Sadley the chance to fly one is not in my favour as they starting to get old when i was born.

On a side note I see Asian Express advertising for 727 crews based in Auckland. Not the first time ive seen them advertising over the years either. What are terms/conditions like and is it somewhat of an oldboys club or a level field? Never known anyone on the inside myself.

Got the horn
27th Apr 2007, 09:58
Yeah, ZK- rego's for both of them. I've heard from around the traps they're all Aussie crews if thats any consolation. Apparently the first of their machines has a pretty snazzy EFIS setup.

Duff Man
3rd May 2007, 06:37
Here's a tip for TOLL PILOTS

ZKTLA=
"Zulu Kilo Tango Lima Alpha" on first contact
"Zulu Lima Alpha" when subsequently abbreviated

read AIP please, you seem to be confused.

Starts with P
3rd May 2007, 08:23
Actually, it should be:

"Zulu Tango Lima Alpha" when abbreviated.

The first letter and then the last 3 (AIP GEN 3.4, 4.19.5)

Managers Perspective
3rd May 2007, 11:46
Anyone know who got the line maintenance work?

Duff Man
3rd May 2007, 13:18
Dang! Had only checked this up a few months ago - maybe MATS is different to AIP.

Amazingly (!) AIP also contradicts itself. If you read 4.19.5 (a)
... the first character of the registration and at least two characters of the callsign.

Anybody have MATS handy?

Hippolite
3rd May 2007, 13:39
I guess the old 72s may find their way to Angola to join the rest of the 727 fleet based there. Air Gemini, TansAfrik or Sonair will probably snap them up. If you want to fly a 72, Angola is the place to go!!

Got the horn
3rd May 2007, 13:54
aircraft owned and operated by Airwork Flight Operations, aircrew are Airwork employees, engineering by Airwork also

wessex19
3rd May 2007, 15:22
Toll started running their B737-3F's on tuesday night after Toll's commercial agreement expired on the monday with AAe. So far so good although the company is ajusting to the new routines as you would expect. The loss of Toll for AAe will hurt them!!! Toll was lodging millions of dollars weekly in freight with AAe and were being treated like second class citizens!!! This week was a long time in the making. Toll has gone from lodging hundreds of tonnes of freight nightly (on a national level) with AAe to 0kg's per night. The plan now is to spend 12 months or so developing into a smooth operation then growing jet operations by offerring as an alternative to the likes of TNT and DHL carrying their AAA's instead of having only one choice (ie AAe). With Toll Priority, Toll Ipec, Toll Fast, Toll Same day, Toll logistics, Toll Interstore and Toll Tasmania all growing at impressive rates, the flow on for the likes of Jetcraft and to a lesser extent Virgin Blue will be considerable. The one thing that has stopped a bigger relationship between the Toll group and Virgin Blue is that Toll cannot lodge at least "AKE" sized cans with them. Nevertheless, the relationship between them is growing. If Virgin Blue operated A320's, they would be receiving 10 times the air cargo from Toll!!!

Got the horn
3rd May 2007, 15:43
Only seems to be one 733F running so far. Apparently number two ZKTLB due in a few weeks and number 3 ZKTLC due August. Should be a YBBN-AGGH return happening Friday's beginning mid-year too. Good luck to them!

discus177
3rd May 2007, 21:48
Brisbane - Honiara, Thats probably the only regular service HeavyLift has been flying as of late. I never thought there was enough freight coming to and from the Solomon Islands, would be interesting how this scenario pans out.:}

*edited for typo :ugh:

Pacific Tedybear
20th Feb 2009, 10:56
When the blog was posted Heavy lift wasn't running a BNE-HIR service as they would like every one to believe, PAE Pacific Air Express which has had a scheduled Freighter service for the past 15+ years was chartering the HN727F on a flight per flight basis:=