PDA

View Full Version : Q to CC Formula milk on Longhaul

Sparkle
26th Apr 2007, 18:49
Hi, me and baby are flying to LAX on BA soon.
If I'm correct I won't be able to take the ready made 200ml cartons of formula airside.
Could someone please tell me how other people solved this? I don't really fancy making up a bottle with powder as I have studied at length the colourful, furry growths inside a/c water urns.
Do people just make up the bottles and then have to sample the milk in front of the security woman?
thanks for any reply,
sparkle

EzyChic
26th Apr 2007, 19:05
Hi,

although my baby never has formula, whenever I fly and take him a drink ready made I alway have to taste it at security.

So you should be fine as long as you're OK to take a swig (rather you then me ugh lol).

Good luck flying all that way with bambino

Ezy

lexxity
26th Apr 2007, 19:07
Do people just make up the bottles and then have to sample the milk in front of the security woman?
thanks for any reply,

Hi Sparkle, this is quite common nowadays. Can I also suggest that you get the baby a bottle of calpol prescribed as well otherwise you will have to decant it into a smaller bottle.

Off Stand
26th Apr 2007, 19:33
Do Boots sell formula airside? I will get shot for saying this, but we do actually have SMA and Heinz baby food in a canister in the World Traveller galley. Just ask one of us.

Happy flying all!!!

apaddyinuk
26th Apr 2007, 21:17
We also have bottled water if you did want to make up formula from powder. It can be warmed without using potable water!

Sparkle
27th Apr 2007, 01:27
Thank you all! Very helpful tips.
If I can use warmed bottled water then there is no problem, it's just that the powder doesn't dissolve very well in cold water.
I wouldn't have a problem tasting the milk at security, they are discourageing making up bottles if they're not consumed within 4 hours or so, though.
And: I didn't think very hard (doh): of course there is boots airside, they should have the cartons.
Anyway: problem solved thanks to you, and thank you for your good wishes.
All the best,
sparkle

apaddyinuk
27th Apr 2007, 03:23
And major tip, dont go handy your baby (especially if its of the cute variety) to the female members of crew, a safety issue usually arises as they become all broody and start to distract the flight crew!!!!