PDA

View Full Version : Chauffair - what's going on?!?

correlator
8th Nov 2001, 00:22
Only one Excel - what's happening down Farnborough way? The boys at Cessna seem a bit pissed. Any one know?

LAVDUMPER
14th Nov 2001, 00:37
Certainly not interested in making light of a grim situation...

I noted on Chauffair's website that all of their airplanes except the new EXCEL are also up for sale... Does this mean that they are bound to be replaced by new EXCELS soon? A PR statement on the website (written by the owner and managing director) claims that Chauffair HAS the funds to purchase these aircraft - is that the case? If so, why are they offered for sale on the website?

How is this affecting the 20 or so full-time pilots at Chauffair? What's the deal with the order for 6-7 EXCELS? Any information update?

I wish all personnel at Chauffair well and, like Correlator, I am just curious about what is happening.... Best of luck to all involved!

P.S. I like the paint scheme and look of the new EXCEL - would like to see more of those flying around the UK...

EG
15th Nov 2001, 07:36
LAVDUMPER

After reading some unfair abuse you and Corralator got in another post, I would like to say, that it is memebers like you two who keep the coporate jet discussion going and inspire many to contribute. Well done.
More of us should have the same enthusiasm for our chosen career path.
:)

StressFree
15th Nov 2001, 12:31
EG,
Well said! I've been talking to Lavdumper for years and always have a decent discussion with no bullsh*t.
Keep it up gents.

:cool:

LAVDUMPER
15th Nov 2001, 22:05
Hate to get off subject - because I would like to hear how Chauffair is doing...

Stressfree - nice to hear from you again. I thought you might be off to the islands - any change in your plans or is status quo the preferred route?

Any news on Chauffair?

Cheers

Unwell_Raptor
16th Nov 2001, 00:06
Rumour has it pay cuts (circa 15%) have been imposed.

Rumour only - treat as gossip.

correlator
16th Nov 2001, 00:33
Runour of paycuts confirmed to me by a pilot at Chauffair - all personel v. demoralised by this and the fact that only one Excel is to be delivered for time being due lack of finance. :( Apparently finances looking v dodgy.

Chin chin

LGW Vulture
16th Nov 2001, 20:57
More Excels light years away I hear!!