PDA

View Full Version : Wichita / nice Hotel to stay ?

Airking
7th Nov 2001, 22:14
Hi Folks,
have to stay in wichita for a typerating course at FSI Citation learning center during february. Does anybody know a nice hotel - one recommend the airport Hilton Inn.
Any info appreciated

correlator
8th Nov 2001, 00:26
Hyatt the best in town but you'll need a car. Hilton crap but within walking distance of FSI. A stay in Wichita will explain why it's the center of GA aircraft construction - those original Kansas farmers who started making airplanes just wanted to get the **** out.

:( Misereable place whatever time of year.

Airking
8th Nov 2001, 23:25
Thanx for info c,
will book the hyatt then...
ANY nice things / places youŽd recommend ?

bearcat88
8th Nov 2001, 23:35
I would recommend "Hotel at Old Town". Very nice decor and reasonable prices. It also requires a car. It doesn't have a restaurant so a late night snack would be a problem but it has kitchenette facilities in each room.
As for night life ... its the bible belt. Kinda says it all. Good (but pricy) beef at the Scotch and Sirloin restaurant. Nice decor so to speak.
The space museum up north (can't remember the name of the town but it is in Bob Dole's town and about an hour drive) is worth the trip. Lots of interesting things such as Appollo 13 and an SR-71.
Enjoy your course.

activewaypoint
9th Nov 2001, 13:55
The hotel in old town looked great, its near various bars and good fooderies...recommend the river city brewery!!however if your sim slots are at odd times then you may need to be nearer...its just a walk from the hilton which is just a hotel.......but it works.
Anyway if you apply yourself to the course you probably wont have too much time to go out a lot.
Have fun!!

Capt Crash
9th Nov 2001, 19:56
The Hotel at Old Town is great. There is all the night life you will find in Wichita on your doorstep. It costs $95 per night plus tax. Be sure to ask for the FlightSaftey rate.

LearX
11th Nov 2001, 05:56
I stayed at the Quality Inn which was pretty nice and is a short drive to FSI. :)

activewaypoint
11th Nov 2001, 12:41
you have to go just outside town to sample the lap dancing delights of certain establishments.......yep, bible belt....a cheap night out!

Airking
11th Nov 2001, 16:16
@all,
thanx for advice !

rick1128
12th Nov 2001, 02:28
When in Wichita, I normally stay at the Hilton. Do this for everal reasons. One I don't need a car. Second a majority of the people going through FSI stay there. Plus other aviaiton people stay there. Lots of good networking. I have never had a complaint about the Hilton. There is also the Aviators Club at the Hilton. Plus a room set aside for Aviator Club members for breakfast.

Depending on how you plan on getting there and if you get a car, you might want to explore the possibility of going into Oklahoma City instead of Wichita. In our neck of the woods, it is so much less expensive to fly into Oklahoma City, rent a car and drive to Wichita.

For things to do, Boeing has surplus sales at their factory there. Might have a problem getting them home. Things like B727 and 747 first class seats, etc.

Have fun. And enjoy the training.

Richard