PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice on Asia

got you sighted
26th Apr 2007, 04:03
Looking for some advice,

I have been out of the aviation industry for a few years now. I am currently seriously considering getting back. I have around 4000 hrs TT mostly multi - piston with some light turbo prop C441 & B200.
I am currently based in China working for a non- aviation multi national and was wondering what the opportunities in Asia for getting a flying job are realistically like. I would be willing to fund my own type rating etc.. (if that is a good idea?)

Any comments would be much appreaciated! :}

flightknight
29th Apr 2007, 22:04
This thread is loaded with info. Just need to spend a coupla hours everyday for the next few weeks and checkout all the resources. If you are from the US, than one of the airline direct programs may help you transition faster.

deltazulu
7th May 2007, 07:10
get your license back,and there will not be big problem
for example,if in china,you just need to convert your commercial to chinese commercial,it may take some time and money,but howerver you will be able to applyto the local job with the license

but the biggest problem is why you left pilot job and how long have you been outside,and how these factors will impact you retrieving the license