PDA

View Full Version : Wet Drills, etc. Training for Corporate Pilots

Hansard
25th Apr 2007, 21:14
Is it mandatory for corporate/non-airline pilots to undergo wet drills, etc. training?

Mandatory or not, do most corporate/non-airline pilots do these courses?

con-pilot
26th Apr 2007, 00:23
No, it is not mandatory. However, the Flight Safety School for Gulfstream I believes offers this training. My wife attended the Flight Safety Flight Attendant School in Savanna Georgia and part of the curriculum of the course was ditching and helicopter hoist simulated rescue in a special pool designed for this express purpose.

Of course I have been through this type training as well.

Chippie Chappie
26th Apr 2007, 09:20
While FAA Part 91 operators may not need wet drills, I think you'll find that JAA AOC operators need to complete wet drills.

Cheers,

Chips

eyeinthesky
26th Apr 2007, 13:30
Indeed required under JAR Ops once every three years and includes swimming a distance (which I can't remember) with clothes on with an uniflated lifejacket and then with it inflated. Can be done at your local pool and signed off by a swimming instructor.

Miles Magister
27th Apr 2007, 19:22
I do mine at Global Air Training http://www.globalairtraining.com/ I find them very helpful and the training is good.

MM

ICT_SLB
28th Apr 2007, 04:25
Beleive it's part of the "Safety Stand-Down" that Bombardier organize for flight crew (corporate & OEM not just BA) in Wichita every year. They will shortly be holding the first such event in Europe.

From their website:
Montreal, April 5, 2007 – Bombardier Aerospace, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) today announced that the highly acclaimed Bombardier Safety Standdown, held annually in Wichita, Kansas, since 1996, will also take place this year in Europe.

The European Safety Standdown is scheduled to be held on Friday, May 25, in Geneva, Switzerland, at the Crowne Plaza Geneva Hotel, following the conclusion of the 7th annual European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (EBACE).

Think the Wichita one is free - don't know about this one. Suggest contacting Bob Agostino at BA (Learjet) if you're interested.

Itswindyout
28th Apr 2007, 12:21
There is no requirement for Pt91, or any other private operations to undergo any form of Safety Training.

You can hire a raft plus demonstrator, and use your local pool, he will give you a certificate. Bring your own out of dsate vests, or hire these also.

You can contact your local airport fire service, they will do the smoke drills, and give a certificate.

The St Johns Ambulance, will give you the first aid course, plus certificate.

OR

Come to Emerates training in Dubai, and do the full courses, and get to use the over wing 777 slides, (burns your heels), the full motion cabin simulator, inc smoke, and slide into pool...

CRM, SEP, Etc, etc...expensive but fantastic.

Tomorrow I get to play dead......

As a matter of information their charges for the G4, G5, G550, and Hawker 800 are lower than any other known brand.

Its windy

saffron
29th Apr 2007, 08:02
In Europe,if ops are private,no charter at all,no req. for wet drill,first aid,CRM etc.

HS125
29th Apr 2007, 12:15
No Not a Requiremet but if you like.......

Firex Training Services, 37 Brownless Exminster Exeter Devon EX6 8SWTel :01392 823707

gigi116
30th Apr 2007, 20:09
Under JAR OPS 1 you must do: Fire & Smoke, Wet drills and First Aid.

I did all of them including evacuation from underwater helicopter (upsidedown) and pbe use in a filled smoke environment.

All training above for less than 300 euro in Italy at APT of Pavia.

Low life
5th May 2007, 10:25
Wet drills need only be done once, Fire & Smoke, First Aid are tri-ann, all are only needed for AOC work

xsbank
7th May 2007, 20:33
Bombardier in YUL will do all that training for you - can be done during recurrent, when you're already there.