PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Super 900 FBW

con-pilot
4th Jul 2001, 00:14
Seeing that after I posted my previous thread on the new Falcon, we have bought one of the things, I would like to start a new thread.

'Do you think that a corporate aircraft the size of the new Falcon, G-V or the Global Express needs or requires a Fly-by-wire flight control system?'

I would really like some input from some of the experienced pilots of Pprune. Corporate, Airline or Military pilots please respond. This is a large investment for my boss.

By the way, please don't compare the BBJ to the above aircraft because we operate out of Aspen Co. (no BBJs allowed).

My opinion is, no. (but, I've been know to change my mind.)

west030
4th Jul 2001, 11:16
At Bombardier they send around a questionnaire to company's in the corporate aviation sector (before they build the Global) in which they asked what those pilots found good and bad to have at the airplane. Fly by wire was not very popular with most pilots. That's why they didn't invest the money to install it in the Global. That's what they told us!

fokkerjet
8th Jul 2001, 07:41
Article in this months Aviation Int'l News on the new Falcon mentioned that FBW is becoming less of an issue. As to how it will operate, the Airbus way or Boeing way, will be a bigger issue among Corporate Pilots. Do we let the airplane do all the thinking or let the pilot do some also?

I have heard the engine of choice will be the PW308, a new engine that Pratt is going to certify next year.

I wish the new Falcon had better range, (5700nm is not enough for us) but again where's Gulfstream except with an old product :confused: that they keep trying to update. They really need to spend some money and develope a new aircraft.

con-pilot
9th Jul 2001, 23:28
fokkerjet: I just talked to one of the Dassault flight test pilots based in Little Rock today. He just got back from France and he learned that the airplane will be full FBW with NO manual reversion. However the final design has not been locked in yet and Dassault could still make some changes.

I agree with you about the range issue. The new Falcon really needs to break the 6,500 nm barrier.