PDA

View Full Version : Hourly rates for freelance work?

TBEE
6th Nov 2001, 20:19
Anyone out there shed some light on what rate can be expected for flying light turbo props on ad hoc basis in the UK?

Daifly
6th Nov 2001, 20:40
Removed due to incompetant overestimation!

:(

Ooops!

[ 06 November 2001: Message edited by: Daifly ]

activewaypoint
6th Nov 2001, 21:11
I think the above rates are a tad optimistic
but good luck to the fortunate recipients!
For a Citation its about £250/day plus exs and £180 for a co-pilot.

Di - Hedral
6th Nov 2001, 21:46
I have to say that the first answer was definately optimistic. But if anyone can confirm that some companies really are paying this then please let me know!
:D :D :D

Daifly
7th Nov 2001, 01:45
Yep, indeed, perhaps I was a bit over-optomistic there! I was OK with the lower figure and then inflated the upper one for some unknown reason - not concentrating really; sorry for confusion.

You never know though! Someone, somewhere!

TBEE
7th Nov 2001, 13:50
Thanks for the info. Do most operators pay by the hour or by the day? Would appreciate feedback from anyone flying props. Many thanks.

Di - Hedral
10th Nov 2001, 09:03
TBEE, in my experience the companies that I know of pay per flight duty period. That is 'x' amount per day, with expenses dependent on time spent waiting between flights, or overnight stays. This would clearly be the most sensible option for paying freelance workers.
Full time employment seems to work on the same basis, with lower daily rates plus a basic salary. Although some companies pay a higher flat rate, pay for all reasonable expenses directly, with no further hourly or flight duty pay or expenses.

qwertyuiop
10th Nov 2001, 16:00
Can anybody tell me which companies use freelance pilots and maybe some contact telephone numbers.