PDA

View Full Version : Usual 6 Days Work In Netjet

flareflyer
25th Apr 2007, 12:23
Gentlemen,

can some NJ pilot tell me how usually the 6 working days.
I mean, from going out of home until back home.....

Thanks in advance

Flare.

LB1985
25th Apr 2007, 12:52
From what I know, it seems like there is really no such thing as a typical pattern for the six days on!

flareflyer
25th Apr 2007, 13:10
Ok.

Usually how many hours are flown in the 6 days, from what time to what time.......
and anything that can explain better the job to me.
I have never flown business jet and i am very very ignorant

Thanks

Flare

Capt Crash
25th Apr 2007, 13:21
I have just come back from tour and this is how it was for me. It was a pretty quiet 6 days.

Day 1, Airline at 11 o'clock local. 1 revenue flight about 1.5hrs
Day 2, 1 Non revenue flight, 2 hours, followed by a revenue of 1 hour.
Day 3, 1 Non revenue, 1.5 hours, 1 revenue flight of 4 hours.
Day 4, 1 Non revenue flight 3 hours.
Day 5, 1 revenue flight of 5.5 hours.
Day 6, 1 non revenue flight 1 hour, 1 revenue flight 1 hour.
Airline home and I arrived home at 8 o'clock.

Easy tour. It can be 4 flights a day every day and 55 hours duty in 5 days!

flareflyer
25th Apr 2007, 13:42
Thanks a lot Crash,

may i know what aircraft do u fly?

Taxi2parking
25th Apr 2007, 14:04
Night before you recieve a brief with airline details from your gateway airport.

Day 1 Wake up and drive to gateway airport and check in with the e-tkt details that travel department have booked for you. Can be early flight or sometimes quite late. My gateway first flight is out at 06:30 local so not too bad.

Arrive at destination and either go to find your aircraft at the handling agent or maybe get met by a driver who will take you to were the aircraft is. Typically arriving at Heathrow you’ll have a car to take you to somewhere like Biggin Hill, Luton etc.

Meet your colleque and start getting ac ready for first flight. Once thats done you tend to spend the week doing a series of flights with a mix of passenger legs and empty positioning flights around Europe, N Africa, CIS etc
A typical day might be something like Paris to Hamburg empty, pick up 4 pax and fly them to Milan then ferry to Madrid for a passenger leg the next day. Once the aircrafts put to bed then you’ll get a taxi or the handler takes you down to the hotel. You get 70Euro per diems and the company pick up the tab for hotel and breakfast. Next day get up and go flying again!

There is a massive amount of variety into all sorts of interesting airports but it can be lots of changes as scheduling try and deal with all the fast balls during the day.

Day 6 Probably do some flights and then another crew will pick up the aircraft. You then airline home to your gateway and drive back. What time you get back will dependo mostly on your gateway and its connections.

You can sometimes end up going home early on day 5 if its a busy tour. The Portuguese FTLs put a 55 hour duty limit per week and this can be quite easy to reach.

Hope that helps:)

Capt Crash
25th Apr 2007, 14:13
I fly a Falcon.