PDA

View Full Version : Net jets requirements???

Fatigued
7th Feb 2002, 16:18
I'm fairly new to the pprune site and am a frequent visitor to this forum. I'm just wandering if anyone would be kind enough to shed some light on the requirements for an application to Netjets Europe. I was born and raised there and migrated out with the folks. I am looking for any avenue to get back there and fly. Any info would be kindly appreciated.

733driver
7th Feb 2002, 18:11
Hi Geerroff,. .their requirements include a european passport or the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU. Aditionally they require you to hold either an ATPL issued by an EU state or a JAA ATPL (frozen is acceptable for F/O positions). The requirements for F/O´s include 1500 hrs total time incl. a certain amount of M/E and IFR time. I´m not sure about the CPT requirements. I think it´s 2500 hrs. incl. 1000 hrs. command. Currently not hiring. Hope that helps.

Fatigued
8th Feb 2002, 15:42
733 Driver!!!!

Thanks kindly for the reply and for the information. I currently have in the vicinity of 3000hrs, 1000hrs multi eng command, 600hrs turbine and about 600hrs ifr. Unfortunately the country I'm from is not in the EU yet so its a bit of a problem. I'm trying to find avenues to get one of the liscences you mentioned. I am a holder of an Ozi ATPL so if a conversion is possible at any of the EU countries I'm all for it.. .Any suggestions???

Regards!!

733driver
8th Feb 2002, 23:39
Geerroff,. .my idea would be to check with the UK CAA for several reasons: I believe the australien ATPL is propably pretty similar to the UK ATPL. I know from a collegue of mine who got a UK ATPL on the basis of his german ATPL. He received credit for most of the exams he had past in germany, so all he had to do was to pass an air law exam plus a checkride. I don´t know how that might have changed after the introduction of the JAA FCL in the UK, though. Maybe a british pilot could comment. The conversion into any other non JAA licence would propably require you to pass written tests in the countries language. So I guess the people at the UK CAA are the ones to talk to. Check their website for phonenumbers! NetJets, as you might have read, is said to start hiring again this summer. They might only hire F/Os, though. But I think a direct entry left seat might require some more turbine PIC hrs anyway. Hope this helps.

Fatigued
10th Feb 2002, 17:49
733 driver!!

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. I don't think that I'd be game enough to jump into the left seat around Europe right away, the right seat would be just fine. Europe is just a little bussier than our wide open space in Australia.. .Regards!!