PDA

View Full Version : Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance

blodwyn
24th Apr 2007, 20:48
Our favourite west country helicopter manufacturer is showing its true colours (again). Air ambulance operating from WHL site since 1 Mar 07 is being asked to leave because the aircraft used is not from the WHL stable, but from Eurocopter ! Oh the shame :*

You would think after the millions of wasted £'s poured into that company by the government, they would have a more pragmatic approach or design a effective aircraft of their own. Wastelands, I hope you never need the services of an air ambulance !

High_lander
24th Apr 2007, 23:11
The decision was taken by our esteemed Italian colleagues.

Bunch of T****ers.

That thing flies out more then any of the a/c at Wastelands.

GreenKnight121
24th Apr 2007, 23:40
Maybe if they had done something with the WG 30... like actually actively market it... instead of assuming mass orders will pour in without having to lift a finger?

Gnd
25th Apr 2007, 15:25
That thing flies out more then any of the a/c at Wastelands.

Only because it is possible to get it serviceable more often - be fair, Wastepound's do make ours shiney (with all the leaking oil) for us so they are not all bad?

Oh can't wait for the new (don't laugh) one!!!!

vecvechookattack
25th Apr 2007, 16:32
That thing flies out more then any of the a/c at Wastelands

No, it doesn't

requiem1973
25th Apr 2007, 18:00
I work on the production line at Westlands and live in Yeovil , do you think any of us are happy with this decision :ugh: And is it that I spend most of my day crawling around on my hands and knees getting cut to shreds on tie wraps to have so many people on this forum calling it Wastelands . I take great pride in my job as does everyone I work with . It seems many out there fail to appreciate what goes into and building a helicopter .

Wholigan
25th Apr 2007, 18:14
I heard this news while sat in Jake's in Yeovil on Tuesday. The people chatting about it were all civvies and they all thought it was an appalling decision, made for all the wrong reasons, by someone who should know better.

How much better would the company have appeared to the rest of the country - if not the aviation world - if they had not only let the air ambulance stay, but offered to provide an extra, free, brand new model that they make. What fantastic publicity that would have been, instead of having publicity which shouts "tossing Italian CEO with an inflated idea of his importance and no feelings for the local community and its needs" into the ether.

Shame - because the people who work there that I have met have been great.