PDA

View Full Version : New Super Falcon 900

con-pilot
26th Jun 2001, 23:32
Dassault announces "New Falcon Jet the FNX"

At the Paris airshow Dassault unveiled the new 'Super" Falcon 900. I just receive a packet about the new airplane and here are some of the highlights.

1. Cabin to be eight feet longer than the 900.
2. New wing.
3. Fly-by-wire flight controls. (ejection seats anyone?)
4. MMO .90 mach, VMO 370 kts.
5. Normal cruise speed to be .85 mach.
6. Range 5,700 nm max. range.
7. Engines to be Honeywell AS 905 or PW 306s.
8. New flight deck cockpit.
9. Cabin to include a crew rest area.

I have found out that the airplane will be in the same price range as the G-V and the Global Express. First flight 2004, deliveries early 2006.

Some of my thoughts are; will having 800nm less range than the G-V or GEX hurt the sales? Will having three engines thereby not having to worry about ETOPs make up for the lack of range? It will certainly be a beautiful airplane, all Falcons are. I don't think the cabin will be as big as the G-V or GEX. Could that fact hurt the sale? No word about manual reversion on the flight controls.

Anyway, has anyone else here in Pprune heard about the new super 900? If you have, what are your thoughts?

411A
27th Jun 2001, 06:49
Con-pilot---
FBW would seem to me to be a waste of time with this type of aircraft, and with 3 engines and a smaller cabin.....wonder if it will sell? Hope the investment pays off for them.

con-pilot
28th Jun 2001, 06:05
Well 411A, I hope it is a good airplane. The boss ordered one at the Paris Airshow.

I knew I shouldn't have let him go by himself!

west030
30th Jun 2001, 01:23
You never know what it will do? For the range if it really has the 5800nm range it is not bad because the global has not the range as they said before all sales numbers. Actual range is approx 6000nm. You have to do a good job if you want to make this range!