PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 560 XL

hs232
30th Jan 2002, 18:27
Hello Every one.. .I need some info on 560 XL as I might be heading for my typre rating in MAR. at Wichita, Kensas.. .I need to know what is involved in the process and what do u need to know b4 u go there. Also, I would appreciate if any body can lend/Sell me POH, AFM.. .Thanks in advance,. .Have fun

Check 6
30th Jan 2002, 22:20
I am not personally familiar with the Excel, other than what is on Cessna's web page.

However, I have been to FlightSafety more than a dozen times. Here is what you do:

Once you are signed up for the course, i.e. have a reservation and date, contact the Learning Center you are going to, in this case Wichita, and tell them who you are and your course date, and ask them to FEDEX the training manuals (including an AFM) to you. Tell them you want to study before you get there.

I did this before my LearJet type rating, plus other courses I have taken, and they will gladly send you the books. It helps to hit the books a little before you get there, so you are not studying until 24.00 every night.

Leave the books home, as you will get another set the first day of class.

I have been to the Cessna Learning Center in Wichita and it is First Class.

Also, the first week is usually ground school, starting on a Monday. You can look at the course dates on their web site to confirm.

Give yourself a couple of days to adjust to "jet lag," i.e. arrive in Wichita on a Friday or Saturday at the latest, otherwise you will be a little sleepy in class.

Good luck mate,

[ 30 January 2002: Message edited by: Check 6 ]</p>

vmommo
30th Jan 2002, 22:22
You don't have to know anything! FSI will spoon feed you. The Excel is basically a large cabin Ultra with a few differences, which include a 2 position horizontal stabilizer, throttle detents, APU option, different gear warning logic and some other minor improvements. The airplane is very easy to fly. The big thing to watch ou for when you start operating the airplane is a slight tail vibration. Ask Cessna to tell you about it! Overall I think the Excel is an excelent airplane as long as it comes out of the factory without too many hidden QC problems..... . .Anyway, regarding the manuals, have FSI send the manuals to you if you feel you need them, the moment you get a firm class date. UPS or FedEx should be able to get them to you in 3-4 days, but overseas shipping is not cheap! I also know FSI is having problems with the new FAA regulations regarding the training of foreign nationals, just a heads up!

rick1128
31st Jan 2002, 07:39
hsw232. You will find Flightsafety top notch. I would suggest the Airport Hilton for a hotel. It is within walking distance to the training facility and a great number of students stay there. They have an aviators club with free breakfast, computer access, etc.

Current FAA security rules require all training facilities to do a background check on all non US citizen students. They need 45 days. So you need to start IMMEDIATELY!! Get in contact with the facility and send them any and all required information. Don't feel put out. I know a gentleman who lives here in the USA, but still a non-citizen, for over 20 years. Has gone to FSI every 6 months for most of that 20 years. And they still have to do a background check on him.

yxcapt
31st Jan 2002, 09:30
I go with just knowing a little about the systems but I have the memory items and limitation memorized. While I'm there I focus on system details and review the memory items and limitations about every other day (there on flash cards, takes less than 30 min to review). I don't worry about the flight profiles until about 2 days before the sim training starts.

The stress associated with training are almost always self induced. Have confindance in yourself and work hard. You'll do just fine.

hs232
31st Jan 2002, 19:09
Hey Guys,. .Thanks a lot, appricate all of YOU.. .Good luck and happy flying.