PDA

View Full Version : ppl exams

wind for sale
23rd Apr 2007, 16:36
I've just started my ppl earler this year and im just wondering if there is any websites with practice exam questions??
Thanks in advance.

g-mady
23rd Apr 2007, 16:42
You need a book called the "PPL confuser".
Transair or the FlightStore sell it - trust me you wont go wrong. The questions in there are very very close to the exams.

MADY

Whirlygig
23rd Apr 2007, 18:09
You could try www.airquiz.com (http://www.airquiz.com)

I have no experience of it and I would suspect it is entirely fixed wing based. In addition to the PPL Confuser, there is also a Q&A book by Jeremy Pratt and another one published by Airlife (from the top of my head). Have a look at the online flight and aviation suppliers (Transair, Flightstore, Pooley's etc).

Cheers

Whirls

Pandalet
24th Apr 2007, 08:07
From experience, for most of the papers, if you can answer all the questions in the back of the Thom books, you shouldn't have much trouble with the exams.

wind for sale
24th Apr 2007, 09:02
Many thanks for the replys, I've had a look at airquiz but it looks VERY much for ppl(a) but I dont know wether the real exams are going to be like that???? I'll proberly get the ppl confuser it looks quite good and its a reasonable price.

Thanks again

Whirlygig
24th Apr 2007, 09:23
You will find that many subjects are common to both rotary and fixed wing. The only differences are Air Law which will have a few helicopter specific questions (but most is relevant to both) and Principles of Flight.

Your school may have some example papers for you to try. Have a chat with your instructor.

Cheers

Whirls

wind for sale
24th Apr 2007, 09:59
thanks whirls will have a chat with my instructor next time I see her.

cpi2003
24th Apr 2007, 18:49
Hey,

Just wondering if the ppl confuser is good for the FAA exams...I presume there isn't much difference in the type of material the JAA & FAA use to base their questions on!?

Thanks

Whirlygig
24th Apr 2007, 19:10
I wouldn't want to find out the hard way but! :}

You would need to check each syllabus carefully; I suspect there is more irrelevant stuff in the JAA exams. I would also have thought that Air Law, Ops Procedures etc would be quite different. :8

Cheers

Whirls

Sewing Machine Man
24th Apr 2007, 22:08
Suggestion.. Study the Thom books one chapter at a time. Have a friend to fire random questions at you from the Q&A section. Don’t move on until he cant catch you out. When you finish the book including the Q&A sections, have a crack at the PPL Confuser.
Mike