PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream/Citation Training

Golf Captain
22nd Jun 2001, 09:59
I would love to know in some more detail of the type endorsement training provided by Flight Safety International from pilots who have ACTUALLY completed some, particularly Gulfstream and Citation aircraft. (By the way, I have already received all the information from FSI directly.)

If Stressfree is reading this, you asked me to contact you re:Gulfstream training you completed at FSI, but I am unable to locate your email address. Please advise me on which address I can get hold of you.

Thanks in advance for your serious replies and lets see if we can stay on the topic, rather than bitch at each other. We are all in the skies together, we should assist each other to live longer!!!!!!!!!!

StressFree
22nd Jun 2001, 11:51
Golf Captain,
I've sent you a mail with my details, its probably easier than trying to discuss the issue here...........

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

west030
22nd Jun 2001, 12:14
I did the Citation Excel training at Flight Safety in Witchita. Training was 10 days without any days off. Lots of information in such a short period but they managed to do a good job for both ground school and sim.

Instructors (most of them) have quite some experience on Citation airplanes.
They have a professional attitude and there is a good atmosphere!

I have never been to Simuflight but heard from pilots in the USA that they provide better training for the business jets.

con-pilot
24th Jun 2001, 05:57
I have been a Flight Safety trained pilot for 30 years. Well all most, I had ten years of having to go through airline training. Flight Safety does really good training. It is not the same as airline training. In the airline training I have gone through, the school tried to fail you, nothing that could be consider as a cheap shot, but tough.

Bottom line is, Simuflight is ok, but Flight Safety is better.

rick1128
25th Jun 2001, 06:09
I have been through both Simuflite and Flight Safety. Of the two I would consider FSi the best. For the most part each center specializes in one manufacturer. There are a few exceptions to that. The facilities are small and more personal. In fact I am at recurrent this week in Wichita at the Learjet center. It has only two sims. A 25 and a 35. Very nice people. I have also gone to the Houston center. It is one of the exceptions to the one manufaturer rule. It is a large facility covering both business aircraft and airlines. And they are still very nice folks.

At Simuflite I have gone there for several aircraft. Everything is one building. You feel like a cog in a machine. It feel impersonal. I have had problems getting special requests like certain approaches that I knew they had in there sim. I was not happy with them.

Hope this answers your questions.

Richard

Golf Captain
25th Jun 2001, 10:15
Thank you very much for your responses, especially Stressfree. I appreciate it a lot and take all of what you have said on board sincerely. I have not made up my mind completely yet, but have a fairly good idea due to all your responses and my research.

One other thing, how great it was to read a thread that did not posess any bitching, a real breath of fresh air. Thanks again guys!!

Safe flying and see you up there!