PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Europe - What aircraft do you start on?

LAVDUMPER
17th Oct 2001, 19:34
Questions for the fortunate Netjets jet-jockeys out there:

1. What aircraft do you normally start on? Citation (what type?), Hawker, Falcon?

2. What determines your starting aircraft? Hours alone? Previous type experience?

3. Are Netjets new hires primary from corporate backgrounds, or are you hiring military, airline pilots, etc.? Any percentages from a previous class?

Appreciate the info.

The BFG
21st Oct 2001, 14:19
Apparently you don’t, cause no one ever hears back from them.

recceguy
21st Oct 2001, 16:35
Yes, I confirm - just sent a CV to them, and never got anything in answer.
Maybe it's a joke (somebody wanting to build a databank?)

Airking
21st Oct 2001, 17:30
So I wasn´t the only one to hear no nothing from them...

A and C
21st Oct 2001, 22:47
A long time after writing to them i was asked to go to an interveiw at the time i had about 2500 hours 1500 heavy turboprop and 100 jet all with airlines but i had just got a real good airline job and declined the interveiw.

Flintstone
22nd Oct 2001, 00:15
Lavdumper. I'm not management so don't quote me but this is how it has been explained to me.

The procedure would be to start on the small cabin fleets (Bravo or Excel) in the right hand seat before moving up to the mid-size then large fleet as a First Officer. The company say they would like you to do at least a year in each.

After that the plan would be to go back to the small cabin fleets for your first command and then work your way back through the fleets as a captain.

This is the published procedure for new hires but logic dictates that if a qualified captain applies at the same time one is needed and there was no-one within the company ready to step up things would go differently although I believe the requirement to do six months as a probationary captain would still apply.

I believe some new first officers have just been offered jobs with captains interviews due to start any day.

Backgrounds vary. I believe it's your own attitude that counts (as well as ability, of course). If you don't want to carry a few bags or pour the odd drink then it's not for you. If you don't mind that sort of thing and can live with six days on, five days off then it might be.

I love it.

[ 21 October 2001: Message edited by: Flintstone ]

GashShag
23rd Oct 2001, 04:11
Lavdumper- are you a pilot or just someone in the industry?